|Opening Date||6/27/2023 12:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||12/26/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Type of Recruitment||Casual/Seasonal|
|Salary||$15.00/hour - $20.00/hour|
|Shift Hours||Weekend/Evenings/Holidays Required|
|Agency||DNREC/Division of Natural Resources / Parks and Recreation|
Delaware Seashore State Park:
(39415 Inlet Road, Rehoboth, DE, 19971)
|Contact Name||DNREC Applicant Services|
A variety of seasonal park positions may be available at Delaware Seashore State Park Indian River Life-Saving Station:
- - responsible for welcoming park visitors, disseminating information and collecting and accounting revenue from park permit fees. Will also have interpretive responsibilities.
- year-round position will be responsible for overseeing all weddings and facility rentals at the Indian River Life-Saving Station, as well as processing permits for outside events and weddings in the Delaware State Parks coastal region.
Work is performed indoors and outdoors, weekends, evenings and holidays as scheduled to meet facility needs and must be willing to work around boats and water.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
· May maintain gift shop displays and cleanliness of the store.
· May assist with revenue collection and retail sales.
· May lead school and public environmental programs tied to state standards to increase awareness and understanding of Delaware’s natural resources.
· Provide general customer service and park information to visitors.
· May include meeting with clients and facilitating contract agreements coordinating communication with various vendors and marketing the site to future clients.
· May include live animal care and handling.
· May set-up, monitoring and clean-up support for park programs and special events.
· Must be able to demonstrate responsibility, dependability and good communication skills.
· Maintain a positive attitude.
· Performs other related work as required.
Please attach a with your online application or use the resume tab in DEL to provide a detailed description of how your education, training and/or experience meets each job requirement including employer, experience/responsibilities and dates (month/year) of employment/training.
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
1. Six months experience in a customer service role
2. Six months experience with Point-of-Sale (cash register) software
3. Six months experience working with children and young adults such as academic/athletic tutoring, camp counselor, youth volunteer, classroom assistant or education teacher.
4. Knowledge of natural, cultural, historical resources or parks and recreation.
5. Knowledge of public speaking or interpretation.
6. Possession of a valid Driver's License (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from driving).
1. Six months experience coordinating special events. 2. Six months experience in using standard computer software programs for word processing, spreadsheets or databases. 3. Knowledge of contract management and control which includes compliance with terms of contracts
This is a Casual/Seasonal position which is a non-pension eligible position without healthcare and/or other benefits.
Events Coordinator position is closed.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DNREC does not provide sponsorship for holders of H-1 B Visas.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware Executive Branch participates in the Federal E-Verify system where the State will provide the federal government with each new hires Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|Contact us via conventional means.||For further assistance, you may contact us by phone at (302) 739-5458, or e-mail at email@example.com.|