Make a Difference!
Now offering Recruitment and Referral Incentives at the Delaware Veterans Home!
Start your career at the Veterans Home as an ADN, Nursing Director, RN Trainer Educator III, RN Supervisor, RN, LPN, or CNA and qualify for recruitment incentives starting at $5,000. Referral bonuses of $1,000 are available to referring Veterans Home employees.
The Delaware Department of State (DOS) seeks to increase the number of applicants for clinical nursing positions at the Veterans Home by offering a recruitment incentive to eligible ADN, Nursing Director, RN Trainer Educator III, RN Supervisor, RN, LPN, and CNA candidates in accordance with the DOS/Veterans Home Recruitment and Referral Incentive Program.
The program provides recruitment incentives as follows:
- Recruitment incentives are based on the position classification as follows: $10,000 for ADN, Nursing Director, RN Trainer Educator III, RN Supervisor, RNs, $7,500 for LPNs, and $5,000 for CNAs. Recruitment incentives will be paid in quarterly installments over the first year of hire and will begin after the first quarter of employment. New employees accepting this recruitment bonus must commit to two consecutive years of employment with the Veterans Home.
- Referral bonuses of $1000 are available to current Veterans Home employees who refer new hires in the following classifications ADN, Nursing Director, RN Trainer Educator III, RN Supervisor, RN, LPN, or CNA. Referral bonuses of $1000 will be paid in quarterly installments over the first year of hire of the referred applicant.
NOTE: This program is administered by the Department of State/Veterans Home. This program may be terminated by the State at any time.
As the third level of professional training/education work, positions conduct/provide training in technical subjects requiring the application of theoretical disciplines. Positions are responsible for training others in the principles, practices, methods, and techniques used to convey information to various populations regarding scientific or technological subjects, e.g. health/life/social sciences, or related theoretical disciplines. Positions report to an administrative or technical superior.
Selective Requirements must be met in addition to the job requirements. Applicants who do not possess the selective requirement will not be qualified.
- Registered nurse in the State of Delaware.
- Six months experience in presenting training or education courses in healthcare services.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Develop and implement training, development, informational, and/or educational programs, courses, curricula, training resources, lesson plans, materials, and visual aids.
- Evaluate effectiveness of programs, courses, curricula, training resources, lesson plans, materials, and visual aids and modify to meet identified problems/needs, state/federal requirements, and agency goals/objectives.
- Present training, development, informational, and/or educational programs via classroom, workshop, or seminar using formal classroom instruction, exercises, handouts, materials, visual aids, etc. for group or one-on-one instruction.
- Research, evaluate, and select materials, handouts, visual aids, exercises, etc. that will best promote learning.
- Identify and analyze needs through interviews, surveys, and meetings with supervisors, management, administrators, officials, clients, the public, etc.
- Provide recommendations regarding problems/needs, effectiveness of training resources, and implementation of new or modified programs, courses, curricula, training resources, lesson plans, materials, and visual aids.
- Collect, analyze and evaluate data from a variety of sources and effectively present/communicate information.
- Coordinate training/educational activities with agency personnel, contractors, community/professional organizations, and other providers.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with state and federal laws, rules, regulations, requirements, and/or contract agreements.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Trainer/Educator III
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- At least two years experience presenting training or education courses using a variety of training methods such as lecture, e-training, structured exercises, role play or group discussion as well as the use of training materials such as overheads, PowerPoint, handouts or videos.
- Three years experience in preparing and developing training or education courses which includes designing learning objectives, curricula and materials.
- Three years experience in developing and analyzing training needs assessments at the individual, job or organizational level.
- Six months experience in presenting training or education courses in the assigned theoretical or technological discipline.
Conditions of Hire
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware Executive Branch participates in the Federal E-Verify system where the State will provide the federal government with each new hires Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our job seeker resources.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at StateJobs.Delaware.gov.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.