Make a Difference!
Now offering Recruitment and Referral Incentives at the Delaware Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS)!
Start your career at DHSS as a NURSING SUPERVISOR, and qualify for recruitment incentives starting at $3,000. Referral bonuses of $1,000 are available to referring DHSS employees.
You must be a new employee to the State of DE to be eligible for this program.
The Delaware Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) seeks to increase the number of applicants for clinical nursing positions by offering a recruitment incentive to eligible Advanced Practice Nurse, Nurse Consultant, Nursing Supervisor, Compliance Nurse, Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, and Certified Nursing Assistant candidates in accordance with the DHSS Recruitment and Referral Incentive Program.
The program provides incentives as follows:
- Recruitment incentives are based on the position classification as follows: $6,000 for Advanced Practice Nurses, $5,000 for Nurse Consultants, $5,000 for Nursing Supervisors, $10,000 for Compliance Nurses, $4,000 for Registered Nurses, $3,500 for Licensed Practical Nurses, and $3,000 for Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Recruitment incentives will be paid in quarterly installments over the first year of hire and will begin after the first quarter of employment. New employees accepting this recruitment bonus must commit to two consecutive years of employment with DHSS. You must be a new employee to the state to be eligible for this incentive.
- Referral bonuses of $1,000 are available to current DHSS employees who refer new hires to the state in the following classifications: Advanced Practice Nurse, Nurse Consultant, Nursing Supervisor, Compliance Nurse, Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, and Certified Nursing Assistant. Referral bonuses of $1,000 will be paid in quarterly installments over the first year of hire of the referred applicant.
NOTE: This program is administered by the Department of Health and Social Services. The program may be terminated by the State at any time.
This position is responsible for the medical oversight of the Self-Neglect Nursing Unit to ensure that the cases are managed professionally and properly. The Adult Protective Services Self-Neglect Supervisor will be focused on supporting the nurses who have a focused role in working with people who may need psychological or psychiatric interventions. The Nurses and APS Self-Neglect Nurse Supervisor will understand the unique role and will guide the scope of practice. The incumbent will have effective and professional communication skills verbally and in writing to resolve inquiries and complaints received from staff, participants, and their family members as well as through constituent relation inquiries.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of every job duty for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Provides or evaluates direct nursing care.
- Develops, implements and/or reviews nursing care plans.
- Provides health care instruction and guidance to individuals, families, community groups and/or nursing home facilities in the management of their health care needs.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with other members of the treatment team.
- Prepares and submits records, reports, evaluations and forms.
- Participates in and make recommendations regarding quality assurance activities.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Nursing Supervisor
must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in
each of the following areas:
least three years experience as a Registered Nurse OR a Bachelors degree or
higher in Nursing and at least two years experience as a Registered Nurse OR a
Masters degree or higher in Nursing and at least one year experience as a
of a Delaware Registered Nurse license OR multi-state compact license.
of staff supervision acquired through course work, academic training, training
provided through an employer, or performing as a lead worker overseeing the
work of others; OR supervising staff which may include planning, assigning,
reviewing, and evaluating the work of others; OR supervising through
subordinate supervisors a group of professional, technical, and clerical
Additional Posting Information
Due to a new requirement from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) the following mandate is effective January 27, 2022: As a condition of employment, employees providing health care services and/or support services in covered facilities must show proof that they have received the dose of a single J&J dose or the 1st dose of Moderna/Pfizer two-dose vaccine effective date January 27, 2022, and proof of the single J&J dose or the 2nd dose of Moderna/Pfizer two-dose vaccine by February. 28, 2022. Employees may not provide any care, treatment, or other services until proof is provided. Based on CMS guidance, the date for compliance may extend into March due to the health care facilities high vaccination rate of staff. If you accept a position with the facility, your Human Resources representative can provide more guidance. The only exception to these requirements is for those employees granted medical or religious exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccine as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which may require weekly COVID-19 testing. This will be in effect until further notice. More information can be found here.
This posting may be closed on or before 05/29/2023 upon filling the vacant position(s).
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our Job Seeker Resources.
DHSS does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at StateJobs.Delaware.gov.