This is the entry level of caseload management work learning the legal processes and procedures and case management functions in the guardianship and trust under will division while performing the full range of case management activities which includes auditing accountings.
This is a Career Ladder series. Incumbents filling as a Judicial Case Manager I will be considered for promotion to the Judicial Case Manager II level after meeting the minimum qualifications and the Judiciary's promotional standards.
- Six months experience and/or training in legal case flow management which includes managing cases as they move through the legal process.
- Six months experience with bookkeeping/auditing financial records.
- Six months experience and/or training in applying laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Six months experience and/or training in using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
- Knowledge of narrative report writing.
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with creation of Excel spreadsheets, formatting of Word documents and Adobe for viewing of PDF documents.
Additional Posting Information
This position can be located in either Kent County (Kent County Courthouse, 414 Federal Street, Dover, DE 19901) OR Sussex County (Court of Chancery Courthouse, 34 The Circle, Georgetown, DE 19947). Your preferred location choice will be discussed during the interview.
Conditions of Hire
- A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire and to maintain employment.
- Direct deposit of paychecks is required as a condition of hire.
Full-time employees are eligible for FREE parking.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.