The position is part of the DOF-IT team supporting the Department of Finance (DOF) with a primary focus on the State Lottery Office. The candidate will work with members of the DOF-IT team, DTI and manage Lottery and DOF vendors. The position is a hands-on working manager position. The candidate will perform certain technician tasks as well as supporting and managing the environment. The position is the primary ISO for the State Lottery Office ensuring the division adheres to technical policies and guidelines.
Applicants who do not possess the preferred qualification will still be eligible to compete for this position if job requirements are met.
1. Three years experience in configuring desktops, workstations, and servers.
2. Three years experience understanding, designing, securing and configuring networks.
3. Experience defining and requesting firewall rule changes for lottery operations in compliance with the Multi-State Lottery Association’s (MUSL) Rule #2.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Analyzes agency information systems and data management practices and assesses information systems and telecommunication needs; prioritizes and schedules application development projects.
- Ensures compatibility of agency information systems resources to create a coordinated Department-wide system and to permit sharing of information.
- Plans, assigns, reviews and evaluates work of subordinates; provides technical assistance to staff.
- Evaluates, recommends purchases and oversees the installations of hardware and software for local area networks and assists in identifying software requirements or enhancements in a mainframe environment.
- Develops and administers policies and guidelines for the development, enhancement and use of information systems.
- Organizes work groups to study and make recommendations that address various areas such as equipment purchases, database administration, etc.
- Creates short and long-range plans for the development and enhancement of information systems and data processing operations to include hardware and software purchases, staff and user training and administration.
- Coordinates and manages projects for the development and implementation of computer applications and operations.
- Plans, directs, coordinates and oversees computer support functions.
- Participates in the development of agency strategic plans.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Manager of Computer & Application Support
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Three Years experience in information technology project management which includes planning, scheduling, staffing, coordinating, controlling, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on status of IT projects.
- Six months experience in designing, developing and maintaining information systems.
- Six months experience in administering computer data networks which includes troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware and software problems.
- Knowledge of staff supervision acquired through course work, academic training, training provided through an employer, or performing as a lead worker overseeing the work of others; OR supervising staff which may include planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others; OR supervising through subordinate supervisors a group of professional, technical, and clerical employees.
Additional Posting Information
This position may travel to all Lottery sites including the three casinos for special projects.
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware Executive Branch participates in the Federal E-Verify system where the State will provide the federal government with each new hires Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our job seeker resources.
Applicant must complete satisfactory criminal background check, reference checks, confirmation of compliance with federal and state tax laws, and any other required condition of employment.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at StateJobs.Delaware.gov.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.