Make a Difference!
Now offering Recruitment and Referral Incentives at the Delaware Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS)!
Start your career at DHSS as COMPLIANCE NURSE and qualify for a $10,000 recruitment incentive. Referral bonuses of $1,000 are available to referring DHSS employees.
You must be a new employee to the State of DE to be eligible for this program.
The program provides incentives as follows:
- Recruitment incentives will be paid in quarterly installments over the first year of hire and will begin after the first quarter of employment. New employees accepting this recruitment bonus must commit to two consecutive years of employment with DHSS. You must be a new employee to the state to be eligible for this incentive.
- Referral bonuses of $1,000 are available to current DHSS employees who refer new hires to the state in the following classifications: Referral bonuses of $1,000 will be paid in quarterly installments over the first year of hire of the referred applicant.
NOTE: This program is administered by the Department of Health and Social Services. This program may be terminated by the State at any time.
The incumbent will assess, plan, implement, and evaluate nursing infection control services. Work includes: responsibility for facility wide infection control and prevention program; maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment according to state and federal regulations; administering staff vaccines, mandatory testing for TB, medication and treatments; preparing and submitting records and reports; overseeing infection control committee; assisting physicians with medical rounds; oversee facility clinic and laboratory operations. The incumbent is designated as essential staff at DPC.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of every job duty for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Provides or evaluates direct nursing care.
- Develops, implements and/or reviews nursing care plans.
- Provides health care instruction and guidance to individuals, families, community groups and/or nursing home facilities in the management of their health care needs.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with other members of the treatment team.
- Prepares and submits records, reports, evaluations and forms.
- Participates in and make recommendations regarding quality assurance activities.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Registered Nurse III
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas
Registered Nurse III - Psychiatric Nursing
- At least two years experience as a Registered Nurse in Psychiatric Nursing OR a Bachelors degree or higher in Nursing and at least one year experience as a Registered Nurse in Psychiatric Nursing OR a Masters degree or higher in Nursing.
- Possession of a Delaware Registered Nurse license OR multi-state compact license.
Additional Posting Information
Due to a new requirement from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) the following mandate is effective January 27, 2022: As a condition of employment, employees providing health care services and/or support services in covered facilities must show proof that they have received the dose of a single J&J dose or the 1st dose of Moderna/Pfizer two-dose vaccine effective date January 27, 2022, and proof of the single J&J dose or the 2nd dose of Moderna/Pfizer two-dose vaccine by February. 28, 2022. Employees may not provide any care, treatment, or other services until proof is provided. Based on CMS guidance, the date for compliance may extend into March due to the health care facilities high vaccination rate of staff. If you accept a position with the facility, your Human Resources representative can provide more guidance. The only exception to these requirements is for those employees granted medical or religious exemptions from the COVID-19 vaccine as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which may require weekly COVID-19 testing. This will be in effect until further notice. More information can be found here.
This posting may be closed on or before 02/07/2023 upon filling the vacant position(s).
Conditions of Hire
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
This position is a classification organized under an exclusive bargaining representative (labor organization) that has been elected by employees as their representative for collective bargaining and other applicable terms and conditions of employment, in accordance with Title 29, Chapter 59 and Title 19, Chapter 13 and 16. This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement based on its individual terms.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at Delaware State Jobs.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.