Looking for a rewarding career in the fast-paced technology industry? Look no further!
The Department of Technology & Information (DTI) is Delaware’s central IT organization committed to providing technology services and collaborative solutions for Delaware while working to improve the lives of Delawareans through advanced technologies that innovate government services.
DTI employees have the opportunity to work with “best in class IT companies” offering our employees experience operating with some of the most talented in their field.
In addition to recruiting and retaining the best and brightest, DTI acknowledges and values the diversity of our employees. DTI recognizes that fostering a diverse workforce provides remarkable benefits in terms of innovative thinking, increased collection of skills and experiences, greater teamwork, and higher morale.
To learn more visit DTI’s Website at https://dti.delaware.gov/
The Network Operations Center Specialist is responsible for:
- Issue recognition, initial diagnosis, troubleshooting, and tracking of IT system, data center, and facilities incidents across the enterprise.
- Taking corrective actions based on established procedures, or at the direction of technical staff, with the goal of minimizing downtime and impact to services.
- Timely escalation of problems and incidents to designated support staff and management; as well as reporting incident statuses and resolution activity progress in the appropriate applications.
- Understanding and executing the DTI Incident, Request, and Change Management processes and procedures. Performing operational support duties such as monitoring, batch job scheduling, tape management, remote/smart hands services and service desk support.
- Ensuring the physical security of the DTI sites by managing approved visitors & vendors.
- Maintaining a robust and accurate knowledgebase repository, including writing and editing operational procedures. Preparing accurate reports and logs detailing work activities.
- Professional and effective interactions with customers, technical staff, and management.
- Providing training to operational staff, as required.
- Performing other duties, as assigned.
Applicants who do not possess the preferred qualification will still be eligible to compete for this position if job requirements are met.
- Possess an Associates Degree or higher in Information Technology, related field, OR equivalent work experience.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year of experience reporting incident status and resolution activities, taking corrective actions based on established procedures, escalating issues to technical support, and communicating with various levels of management.
- Possess technical training or industry certifications such as A+, Network+, CCNA, etc.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for the DTI Network Operation Center Specialist:
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possess a minimum of 1 year of experience with the components and operation of large-scale data centers and/or IT systems, including networks, servers, mainframes, peripheral devices and data center facility infrastructure.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year of experience with desktop software, IT system and network monitoring tools, ticket tracking processes and applications, job scheduling and tape management subsystems, and data center management systems.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year of experience operating and monitoring large scale data centers and/or IT systems, including networks, data cabling, servers, mainframes, peripherals, physical security, environmental control systems, and data center facility infrastructure.
- Possess good communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Able to work occasional overtime, if necessary, to cover absences on other shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Additional Posting Information
DTI retains the right to close the job posting prior to the listed application deadline, should a business need warrant it.
Conditions of Hire
DTI’s Benefits to include:
- Group Health Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Prescription, Flexible Spending, Long & Short Term Disability Insurance, Group Universal Life Insurance, Accident & Critical Illness Insurance, Health Management Programs.
- 21 paid vacation days, 15 paid sick days, 13 paid holidays, Up to 12 weeks paid Parental Leave.
- Tuition reimbursement up to $4,000 annually.
- State funded learning opportunities, mentor programs and professional development opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Program: Access to support services such as Professional Counseling Services, Legal Services, Financial Services.
- Employer & Employee Funded Pension Plan as well as an Employee Funded Retirement Savings Plan available.
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at Delaware State Jobs.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Ongoing Application Screening