This position is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Arms of Court as assigned which will include: working closely with Boards, Commissions, and Committees; coordinating and scheduling Board meetings and hearings; preparing agendas, meeting minutes, PowerPoint presentations and excel spreadsheets; drafting rule revisions as required; entering and maintaining Supreme Court data into the appropriate databases; responding to inquiries from internal and external customers; managing attorney files and responding to inquiries with heavy volume expected during the annual attorney registration period; assisting with the annual bar application process, including preparing for and administration of the annual bar exam; assisting with general office duties, and other duties as assigned.
This position is categorized as "confidential" under the Judicial Branch Personnel Rules which means that the employee serves at the pleasure of the Supreme Court.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Assistant Director:
- Experience in interpreting and applying rules and regulations.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Quickbooks
- Ability to communicate clearly, courteously, and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate, oversee, and follow through on work assignments to obtain desired results, including multiple tasks assigned simultaneously.
- Experience working in a legal environment.
- Familiarity with the operation of Boards and Commissions is preferred, but not required.
Additional Posting Information
This position is located in the City of Wilmington, The Renaissance Centre, 405 N. King Street, Wilmington, DE 19801.
Conditions of Hire
- A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire.
- Direct deposit of paychecks is required as a condition of hire.
Full-time State of Delaware Judicial Branch employees are eligible for FREE parking!!!
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.