The incumbent provides direct clerical/office support to the Supreme Court and Arms of the Court. Duties include: greeting visitors, answering telephone calls, processing incoming and outgoing mail, ordering and maintaining the inventory of office supplies, maintaining office equipment and placing service calls as needed, filing documents, and other clerical duties as assigned.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Applies agency laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures in maintaining and processing agency information.
- Creates official agency word processing documents; creates and maintains agency databases typically using Access or similar software packages; creates and maintains spreadsheets; creates original presentations using software packages.
- Serves as a liaison with the public, clients, agency staff and others to exchange information and explain agency services, laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assures effective coordination of operational functions.
- Establishes tracking and monitoring systems and conducts follow up to ensure effective resolution of matters.
- Obtains, organizes and drafts technical and administrative material necessary for public information or departmental use. Collects and compiles data to prepare reports and provide supporting documentation.
- Analyzes routine operating practices and procedures and makes recommendations to ensure smooth and efficient office operation.
- Maintains and controls data and/or filing systems to ensure effective, accurate and easily retrievable documentation of operations, program and project activities.
- Ability to lift files and boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Administrative Specialist II
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
One year experience in coordinating office activities such as planning/coordinating meetings or conferences; tracking workflow and follow up; composing meeting notes; directing clients/customers; explaining services to the public and customers/clients; establishing or maintaining filing/record systems.
- One year experience in document processing which includes reviewing and evaluating records for completeness and conformity with laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures, resolve deficiencies, interpret information, and track and monitor activities.
- One year experience in using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
- One year experience in using standard computer software programs for word processing, spreadsheets or databases.
Additional Posting Information
This is position is located in the City of Wilmington, The Renaissance Centre, 405 N. King Street, Wilmington, DE 19801
Conditions of Hire
- A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire.
- Direct deposit of paychecks is required as a condition of hire.
Full-time State of Delaware Judicial Branch employees are eligible for FREE parking in the City of Wilmington!!!
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.