The incumbent will manage a team of state and contracted staff to develop and maintain information systems used to provide services to the constituents of the Delaware Department of Health and Social Services. The incumbent will be responsible for implementing methodologies and processes to assist agencies in determining technology resource needs, identify and enforce technology standards and maintain systems documentation.
Applicants who do not possess the preferred qualification will still be eligible to compete for this position if job requirements are met.
- Six months experience in operating, supporting and managing User Account Provisioning and Identity and Access Management Technologies.
- Six months experience in operating, supporting and managing Document Imaging and Document Management Systems.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Ensures the unit's short and long term goals and objectives are met by establishing schedules and operational priorities and recommending new/revised policies and standards.
- Ensures employee performance is maximized to provide effectiveness and efficiency of operation.
- Provides adequate and related training for new hires and current employees, to insure maximum preformance standards and that needed resources are available within budgetary limitations.
- Prepares, administers and monitors the unit's budget to insure proper funding levels and justifiable expenditures; writes requests for proposals for contractual services and participates in the selection process.
- Provides adequate planning and coordination of the unit activities to provide for new or improved service levels to all users to include estimating hardware, software, personnel and time required for proposed information systems projects.
- Prepares a variety of reports reflecting the unit's accomplishments, problems and resolutions, and future plans.
- Conducts meetings with staff and users to discuss work in progress and anticipated problems or needs.
- Performs recruitment, interviewing, performance appraisal and other miscellaneous personnel activities as they relate to merit employees as well as contractual staff.
- Ensures products meet user requirements.
- Stays current with packages and technologies for assembling components into application systems.
- Ensures the work of project leaders follows approved methodologies and results in quality deliverables.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Manager of Application Support
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Three years experience in information systems analysis and design.
- Three years experience in database management systems which includes database design, testing, and implementation.
- Six months experience in information technology project management which includes planning, scheduling, staffing, coordinating, controlling, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on status of IT projects.
- Six months experience in staff supervision which includes planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others.
- Knowledge of contract administration which includes overseeing the development and negotiation of contracts and bid specifications; managing bid openings; awarding and executing contracts.
Conditions of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at statejobs.delaware.gov.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.