Join our Team and Help US Make a Difference!
Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) is now offering:
Sign-On Bonus of $3,000 to Certified Nursing Assistants!
How did you hear about this opportunity?
Remember to mention any referring DHSS employee, and they get a Bonus of $1,000 too!
The program provides incentives as follows:
- Recruitment incentives will be paid in quarterly installments over the first year of hire and will begin after the first quarter of employment. New employees accepting this recruitment bonus must commit to two consecutive years of employment with DHSS.
- Referral bonuses of $1,000 are available to current DHSS employees who refer new hires to the state, and will be paid in quarterly installments over the first year of the referred applicant.
NOTE: You must be a new employee to the State of Delaware to be eligible for the Sign-On Bonus. This program is administered by the Department of Health and Social Services. The program will run through June 30, 2022, but may be terminated by the State at any time.
NOTE: This program is administered by the Department of Health and Social Services. The program will run through June 30, 2022. This program may be terminated by the State at any time.
The incumbent in this position will assist or provide all personal hygiene and ADLs to an assigned group of residents. The CNA will collect appropriate data i.e., TPR, BP, weight; and assist resident(s) with ambulation, transfer, lifting and turning; and perform range of motion exercises. They will attend to resident's toileting needs per resident's plan of care. They will practice infection control per policies, using safe techniques for self and resident.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Provides mentoring/orientation for newly hired/less experienced staff ensuring assignments are completed.
- Leads individual/group therapeutic processes/discussions involving reality orientation, sensory stimulation, range of motion exercise, and application of splints/braces.
- Participates on interdisciplinary care team providing information about the individual's overall physical condition, abilities, and behavioral characteristics.
- Ensures aseptic integrity of feeding, catheter, and respiratory tubes/devices while assisting individual with personal hygiene.
- Monitors/records temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, nutritional intake/output. Alerts professional staff to significant physical/behavioral changes/irregularities.
- Provides oral/written description of individual's physical/behavioral change.
- Observes client/patient/resident activities, recording/reporting unusual/hazardous behavior. Conducts periodic rounds to ensure safety/well being of clients/patients/residents. Provides written/oral reports to describe unusual incidents.
- Escorts/is responsible for individuals' traveling to social/recreational activities and medical appointments on/off campus.
- Applies appropriate interventions to prevent or de-escalate inappropriate behaviors.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Certified Nursing Assistant
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Delaware certification as a Nursing Assistant or eligibility for a Delaware certification.
Additional Posting Information
Starting salary is commensurate with years of
experience under licensure and falls within the range listed on the posting.
Details will be discussed at the interview. Offer will be made only after
examination of licensure and review of experience.
Due to a new requirement from the Centers for Medicare &
Medicaid Services (CMS) the following mandate is effective January 27, 2022: As
a condition of employment, employees providing health care services and/or
support services in covered facilities must show proof that they have received
the dose of a single J&J dose or the 1st dose of Moderna/Pfizer two-dose
vaccine effective date January 27, 2022, and proof of the single J&J dose
or the 2nd dose of Moderna/Pfizer two-dose vaccine by February. 28, 2022.
Employees may not provide any care, treatment, or other services until proof is
provided. Based on CMS guidance, the date for compliance may extend into
March due to the health care facilities high vaccination rate of staff.
If you accept a position with the facility, your Human Resources representative
can provide more guidance. The only exception to these requirements
is for those employees granted medical or religious exemptions from the
COVID-19 vaccine as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention, which may require weekly COVID-19 testing. This will be in effect
until further notice. More information can be found here.
This posting may be closed on or before 08/03/2022 upon filling
the vacant position(s).
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our Job Seeker Resources.
DHSS does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
Upon a conditional offer, the applicant must undergo a pre-employment base line two step tuberculin skin test (TST) as part of the hiring process.
This position is a classification organized under an exclusive bargaining representative (labor organization) that has been elected by employees as their representative for collective bargaining and other applicable terms and conditions of employment, in accordance with Title 29, Chapter 59 and Title 19, Chapter 13 and 16. This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement based on its individual terms.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at Delaware State Jobs.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.