The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting in the administration of the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program in New Castle County. The incumbent will also plan and coordinate services, and be responsible for recruitment, training and supervision of staff.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Consults with physicians and health care personnel to assess and determine nutritional needs, menus and diet restrictions of individuals.
- Develops, implements and evaluates nutritional care plans for regular and modified diets based on assessments of nutritional needs, diet restrictions, and other current health plans.
- Provides nutritional and/or dietary assessment to educate individuals and their care providers.
- Oversees the quality and quantity of food served to ensure that meals conform to prescribed diets and meet established requirements for nutrient content.
- Provides technical assistance, guidance and direction to food service personnel, health care professionals, agencies, community organizations and the public regarding current nutritional issues, problems affecting an individual's food habits, prescribed diets, and/or food service, presentation and preparation.
- Coordinates nutritional services with other health programs.
- Plans, organizes and conducts training for food service personnel and health care professionals.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports.
- May oversee the work of support staff.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Nutritionist II
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Registered as a Dietitian/Nutritionist from the American Dietetic Association.
Additional Posting Information
This posting may be closed on or before 6/10/19 upon filling the vacant position.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.