The Bridge Hydraulic Resource Engineer provides technical assistance to departmental staff both within and outside of the Bridge Design Section related to bridge hydraulics. Mentors, develops, and provides training to staff to enhance their hydraulic design and analysis skills. Serves on committees and participates in modifications of standards, specifications, and manuals. Reviews and provides comments on all bridge hydraulic related projects. Leads evaluation and implementation of 2D hydraulic modelling initiative. Participates in regional or national activities. Other duties as assigned.
Selective Requirements must be met in addition to the job requirements. Applicants who do not possess the selective requirement will not be qualified.
Three years’ experience in performing bridge hydraulic designs and analyses.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Drafts, develops and modifies engineering designs, plans and specifications.
- Reviews permit applications, blueprints and/or designs prepared by others to ensure compliance with specifications and regulations.
- Applies the principles and theories of science and mathematics to research and develop solutions to technical problems.
- Plans and conducts field studies, surveys, research and development projects, inspections and/or investigations to collect data and ensure conformance to state/federal laws and regulations.
- Tests or evaluates materials, equipment, systems and facilities.
- Plans and coordinates engineering projects.
- Reviews, analyzes and reports on the status of projects and/or regulatory conformance.
- Develops cost estimates for project time and materials.
- Provides technical guidance and training to technical staff.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Engineer V
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a valid Delaware Professional Engineering License OR Possession of a valid Professional Engineering license issued by a proper authority of a state, territory or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a province or territory of Canada.
- At least five years experience in Civil Engineering.
- Three years experience in engineering project management which includes planning, scheduling, staffing, coordinating, controlling, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the status of engineering projects.
- One year experience Bridge Design.
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DelDOT does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements..
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.