The incumbent conducts surveys of Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities. Work includes: ensuring regulatory compliance for State licensure and/or Medicare/Medicaid certifications; conducting investigations of complaints and allegations of violations of patient and health care regulations involving Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities. The incumbent identifies and documents deficient practices and prepares reports of the findings. The incumbent may work as part of a survey team or occasionally perform surveys or investigations independently.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Provides direct casework services which includes emotional and social assessments, problem identification and develops a service plan to assist client and family in dealing with medical conditions, following medical recommendations and achieving maximum social and health adjustment.
- Assesses financial eligibility of families seeking financial, medical or related services from the Division. Provides referral and follow up services to alternative sources for ineligible applicants. Assists client in obtaining same.
- Provides individual and family counseling to clients; obtains and coordinates public, private or community medical, social and therapy services to meet client needs.
- Reviews client's case history and evaluates client's potential to benefit from further medical and social treatments. Discusses case progress with multidisciplinary treatment team and prepares recommendations based on team findings.
- Prepares social histories, client progress reports, evaluations and discharge summaries; Prepares and maintains a variety of records and files pertaining to caseload and files.
- Provides medical social work consultation to division program staff, private medical professionals and/or hospital social service departments.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Senior Medical Social Work Consultant
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Behavioral or Social Science or related field.
- Three years experience in case management which includes assessing, planning, developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating options and services to meet an individual's human service needs.
- Three years experience in making recommendations as part of a clients service plan such as clinical treatment, counseling, or determining eligibility for health or human services/benefits.
- Six months experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.