This is the first level of work responsible for assisting the Registrar of Regulations in performing the full range of essential functions as described above.
Applicants who do not possess the preferred qualification will still be eligible to compete for this position if job requirements are met.
- Possession of a Juris Doctor.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Coordinates the activities necessary to ensure accurate and timely publication of a monthly Register of Regulations and periodic updating of the Delaware Administrative Code; Delaware Constitution; the Delaware Code Online and print publications of portions of the Delaware Code, including the Landlord Tenant Code and the Divorce and Annulment Code; session laws; and the charters of the towns of Delaware.
- Maintains all electronic publications to be compliant with the Uniform Electronic Legal Material Act (UELMA).
- Maintains policies, procedures, priorities, goals and objectives to ensure legal and operational requirements are met.
- Maintains and disseminates standards and guidelines for all legally mandated contributors to the Delaware Register of Regulations. Provides guidance on the process of converting and transmitting documents electronically.
- Ensures compliance with agencies' statutory authority to promulgate regulations. Researches and certifies all submissions prior to their publication. Verifies submissions are in the proper context and form.
- Determines register contents by recommending materials to be presented in their entirety or those which require editing, rewriting or summarizing.
- Develops and maintains communication with all state agencies. Interprets laws, rules, regulations, Attorney General Opinions, policies and procedures. Provides assistance and advice on the appropriate course of action, procedures, and processes to be followed regarding the proposal and promulgation of regulations.
- Develops and implements on-going training for agencies regarding statutory responsibilities and document management.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Assistant Registrar of Regulations
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Three years experience in interpreting governmental law, constitutional law, regulatory interpretation, or legislation.
- One year experience in editing and publishing information.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
- Knowledge of public administration such as planning, organizing and coordinating the implementation of public policies and procedures to provide overall direction of the dissemination of information involving legislation, regulations, programs, or services to meet organizational or governmental goals and objectives; provides advice to other agency organizational units through consultation.
- Knowledge of the Uniform Electronic Legal Material Act. (UELMA)
- Knowledge of staff supervision acquired through course work, academic training, training provided through an employer, or performing as a lead worker overseeing the work of others; OR supervising staff which may include planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others; OR supervising through subordinate supervisors a group of professional, technical, and clerical employees.
Additional Posting Information
Writing Exercise: A writing exercise will be given at the time of interview.
A writing sample will be requested at the time of interview.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.