Incumbent serves as the FOCUS Executive Product Owner responsible for the ongoing implementation of the Department's case management information system. The system records services delivered by our Divisions, and tracks performance outcome measures that are reported to state, federal, legislative and other key reporting sources that monitor and fund Department services. Also serves as a liaison between internal and external stakeholders, and State and Federal government organizations in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of the FOCUS system to ensure optimal performance.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Management of data collection, analysis, and research necessary to support departmental planning, policy development, and resources management.
- Provides direction in the use of informational assets by coordinating activities with Department.
- Exercises authority over significant developmental efforts such that creation and implementation of informational resources are consistent with departmental and strategic initiatives.
- Manages the development of strategic information resources that are statewide in scope.
- Offers advice and counsel with respect to statewide direction regarding informational resources, particularly if it relates to information gaps and the needs for new information systems.
- Determines scope/guidelines for studies, using knowledge of subject areas, research techniques and methodological limitations.
- Designs research project, monitors studies in progress, analyzes results, and presents findings.
- Develops, plans, and implements software enhancements and applications.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Manager Statistics and Research
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Three years experience in designing studies which includes determining study goals and objectives, information needed, data sources, sampling and collection methods.
- Three years experience in conducting studies which includes evaluating operations, programs, services, policies and procedures to determine efficiency, effectiveness, whether goals and objectives are met and compliance with laws, rules, regulations, polices and procedures.
- Three years experience in descriptive statistics such as the mean, median, mode or standard deviation.
- Three years experience in inferential statistics such as correlation, t-tests, f-tests or analysis of variance.
- Three years experience in developing solutions and providing recommendations, guidance and direction to management/officials in accomplishing organizational and operational goals and objectives and identifying and resolving issues.
- Six months experience in developing policies or procedures.
- Six months experience in staff supervision which includes planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others.
Additional Posting Information
Merit Only: Current State of Delaware employees in a position covered by the Merit System and who have completed their initial probationary period.
Conditions of Hire
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at statejobs.delaware.gov.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.