This position functions under the direction of the Deputy or Division Director, and works independently to formulate work plans, scope, analyzing data, evaluating options and recommending alternatives for an agency to meet goals and objectives. Duties: periodically providing verbal or written status reports of projects/studies, providing financial advisory services to top management personnel in highly complex and varied areas such as policies, budgets, investments, cash flow forecasting, revenue recovery/collection and programs.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Develops, recommends and implements policies and procedures relative to financial matters.
- Prepares or participates in the preparation and maintenance of an operating budget for an agency.
- Monitors and analyzes program expenditures for compliance with federal regulations and contractual agreements and projecting budget requests and federal reimbursements.
- Develops revenue recovery/collection mechanisms.
- Plans and conducts diverse and complex management studies to provide financial advisory services.
- Participates in the financial review of requests for proposals by making recommendations; may prepare requests for proposals.
- Interfaces with agency officials, federal government representatives, fiscal and budget personnel, program representatives and employees in order to compile and analyze data and recommend improvements or solutions.
- Analyzes pertinent legislation and state/federal regulation to anticipate the effect on the agency's operations.
- May plan, assign, review and evaluate the work of subordinate personnel.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Fiscal Management Analyst
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Business Management, Computer Information Systems or related field.
- Six months experience in financial administration such as comprehensive analysis of programs, budgets, projects, services, alternatives, and costs; financial planning, revenue generation, revenue forecasting, expenditure forecasting, cash flow management and establishing internal control.
- Three years experience in planning, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating fiscal management studies.
- Six months experience in budget development which includes analyzing financial data and making long and short range plans and projections.
- Three years experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at statejobs.delaware.gov.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.