The incumbent will be responsible for department-level budget, policy and revenue analysis. Responsibilities include: fiscal analysis of the Medicaid program; oversight of the Revenue Management Unit including revenue projections and special fund revenue analysis; developing fiscal training and technical assistance for DHSS; and monitoring the DHSS Cost Allocation Plan and the impact on the State budget.
Applicants who do not possess the preferred qualification will still be eligible to compete for this position if job requirements are met.
- Knowledge of financial administration such as comprehensive analysis of programs, budgets, projects, services, alternatives, and costs; financial planning, revenue generation, revenue forecasting, expenditure forecasting, cash flow management and establishing internal control regarding the Medicaid Program.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Works with Divisions staff to analyze goals and objectives as they relate to strategic planning, maximizing known resources and projecting potential resources.
- Develops management systems to track, analyze and measure program results.
- Prepares and conducts formal presentations for various government bodies.
- Represents the Division Director on various policy-making boards, committees and task forces.
- Analyzes/prepares proposed legislation.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Senior Fiscal Management Analyst
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Business Management, Computer Information Systems or related field.
- Three years experience in budget development which includes analyzing financial data and making long and short range plans and projections.
- Three years experience in planning, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating fiscal management studies.
- Three years experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Six months experience in strategic planning such as planning and mapping a path between the present and future usually for three to five years by determining key objectives, how to accomplish the key objectives, what strategies should be used, what activities would contribute to accomplishing the key objectives and developing performance measures to gauge and report progress or success.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.