This class is responsible for the management of information systems projects to include supervising the daily operations of a unit of application support personnel involved in the system analysis, design, and programming of new or existing applications.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Plans, schedules, reviews and evaluates the work of applications support personnel engaged in all phases of system analysis and programming support for users.
- Assists user in development and design of future information system needs and integration of needs into current system.
- Reviews all cost/benefit analyses reports including cost estimates and time frames of alternative design proposals, and recommends appropriate action to management/user.
- Assists managers in development, modification and implementation of departmental policies and procedures for data processing.
- Provides management with accurate and timely reports to include project status, monthly activity reports and personnel activities.
- Reviews current technology on software, hardware and related tools for future needs; evaluates new products and makes recommendations for purchases.
- Provides technical direction and guidance to staff and users; assesses and recommends staff training needs.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Application Support Project Leader
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Six months experience in computer programming languages including the latest generation.
- Three years experience in database management systems which includes database design, testing, and implementation.
- Three years experience in information systems analysis and design.
- Six months experience in information technology project management which includes planning, scheduling, staffing, coordinating, controlling, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on status of IT projects.
- Knowledge of staff supervision acquired through course work, academic training, training provided through an employer, or performing as a lead worker overseeing the work of others; OR supervising staff which may include planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others; OR supervising through subordinate supervisors a group of professional, technical, and clerical employees.
Conditions of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at statejobs.delaware.gov.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.