Looking for a rewarding career in the fast-paced technology industry? Look no further!
The Department of Technology & Information (DTI) is Delaware’s central IT organization committed to providing technology services and collaborative solutions for Delaware while working to improve the lives of Delawareans through advanced technologies that innovate government services.
In addition to recruiting and retaining the best and brightest, DTI acknowledges and values the diversity of our employees. DTI recognizes that fostering a diverse workforce provides remarkable benefits in terms of innovative thinking, increased collection of skills and experiences, greater teamwork, and higher morale.
To learn more visit DTI’s Website at https://dti.delaware.gov/
Due to the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, DTI has implemented temporary telecommuting arrangements for newly hired employees whose job duties are conducive to working from home. These arrangements are expected to be short term and will be monitored by DTI supervisors.
The selected candidate will have excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to review and communicate technical solutions and coordinate technical initiatives between the engineering, customer and project teams. The selected candidate must have the ability to learn detailed technologies, grow in the role to drive innovation in additional related technologies, demonstrate teamwork to ensure achievement of team and department technology goals and be willing to aggressively pursue departmental goals including multi-team coordination and after-hours work when necessary.
The incumbent is responsible for the design, configuration, implementation and management of all Enterprise Wi-Fi 802.11x infrastructure. Has lead responsibility for the identification, resolution and management of hardware and software aspects related to core WIFI and associated Enterprise network infrastructure. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring day to day network performance of both Wired and Wireless communications utilizing monitoring tools such as SolarWinds Orion.
Applicants who do not possess the preferred qualification will still be eligible to compete for this position if job requirements are met.
· Possess a minimum of five (5) years hands-on experience managing enterpise class WIFI/Wireless systems such as Cisco, Aerohive, Mist, etc.
· Possess a minimum of three (3) years experience administering Layer 2 network infrastructure
· Possess a minimum of one year of experience in managing Layer 3 routing
· Have Cisco Certified Network Professional Routing and Switching (CCNP) certification
· Possess a minimum of three (3) years experience monitoring network performance with SolarWinds-Orion
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Senior Telecommunications Technologist
Please attach a resume with your online application or use the resume tab in DEL to provide a detailed description of how your education, training and/or experience meets each job requirement including employer, experience/responsibilities and dates (month/year) of employment/training.
· Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a minimum of 3 years hands on experience managing enterprise grade wireless systems.
· Possess a minimum of three (3) years advanced experience with WIFI systems and associated hardware such as switches and routers.
· Possess a minimum of five (5) years advanced problem resolution, communication and writing skills.
· Possess a minimum of three (3) years advanced knowledge in system analysis.
· Experience in successfully leading one or more on-time installations of communications systems.
Conditions of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory fingerprint based criminal background check administered by the Delaware State Police is required as a Condition of Hire.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DTI participates in E-Verify. DTI does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
Benefits to include:
· Group Health Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Prescription, Flexible Spending, Long & Short Term Disability Insurance,
Group Universal Life Insurance, Securian, Health Management Programs.
· 21 paid vacation days, 15 paid sick days, 12 paid holidays, Up to 12 weeks paid Parental Leave.
· Tuition reimbursement up to $4,000 annually.
· State funded learning opportunities, mentor programs and professional development opportunities.
· Employee Assistance Program: Access to support services such as Professional Counseling Services, Legal Services, Financial Services.
· Employer & Employee Funded Pension Plan as well as an Employee Funded Retirement Savings Plan available.
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available
for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and
employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call
(302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number
1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.