This position is responsible for administering multiple statewide contracts used for the maintenance of pavement markings and large guide signs. This position will be required to coordinate with several sections and entities both within and outside of DelDOT, including responding to legislative requests.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Inspects infrastructures to ensure compliance with design plans, materials specifications, safety requirements, construction processes, local, state and federal codes and on going maintenance requirements; documents/reports compliance or deficiencies.
- Designs/develops/reviews engineering project/site layouts, alignments, profiles, studies, graphs and other related activities.
- Compiles and records notes, sketches, test results, inspection data and other information to document compliance and/or develop designs, specifications, reports, maps and other geographically based data.
- Conducts various studies to be used by others to analyze needs/develop plans, record characteristics and other related activities.
- Conducts data analysis to determine accuracy of data collected, develop recommendations, develop corrective designs and/or ensure compliance.
- Tests/evaluates the quality of materials or designs to verify adherence to contracts and specifications.
- Obtains survey data, such as angles, elevations, points, and contours, using electronic distance measuring equipment and other surveying instruments.
- Calculates/measures area and volume dimensions, horizontal and vertical geometry, profile and component specifications, and material testing dimensions using calculators or computers.
- Operates computer assisted drafting equipment or other tools of the trade.
- Reads and interprets plans, specification, blueprints and other engineering documents.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Engineering/Planning/Surveying Technician V
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
Signs & Pavement Markings:
Three years experience in inspecting pavement markings or sign placements to ensure compliance and effectiveness.
Three years experience in evaluating and testing pavement marking materials or products such as paint, epoxy, thermoplastic or tape.
Three years experience in developing and recommending plans, specifications, designs, studies or surveys.
Three years experience in developing analytical and technical documents such as reports, maps, or geographical representations of data.
Three years experience in project management which includes planning, developing, implementing, managing and evaluating projects to ensure objectives are met.
Six months experience in contract management and control which includes ensuring compliance with terms of contracts; negotiating changes to existing contracts.
Three years experience in using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
Six months experience in staff supervision which includes planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from driving).
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DelDOT does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.