This position is Exempt from the State of Delaware
|Opening Date||10/9/2020 12:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||10/22/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Type of Recruitment||Exempt-Non Merit|
|Salary||Yearly: $78,838/Min - $88,113/Mid|
|Shift Hours||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Agency||DTI/Operations Office/Systems Engineering|
William Penn Building: (801 Silver Lake Blvd, Dover, DE, 19904)
|Contact Name||Human Resources|
Looking for a rewarding career in the fast-paced technology industry? Look no further!
The Department of Technology & Information (DTI) is Delaware’s central IT organization committed to providing technology services and collaborative solutions for Delaware while working to improve the lives of Delawareans through advanced technologies that innovate government services.
In addition to recruiting and retaining the best and brightest, DTI acknowledges and values the diversity of our employees. DTI recognizes that fostering a diverse workforce provides remarkable benefits in terms of innovative thinking, increased collection of skills and experiences, greater teamwork, and higher morale.
To learn more visit DTI’s Website at https://dti.delaware.gov/
The Principal responsibility is to provide highly effective technical support for DTI’s technical infrastructure. Highly effective means that the services for the assigned assets are provided in a way that is efficient, meets the needs of the customers (both DTI and other state agencies) and customers in compliance with DTI policy and procedures. The services will be primarily rendered through a combination of personal effort, joint effort with others in the workgroup, and collaboration with other DTI staff, vendors, and customers.
The Senior Analyst is expected to possess strong technical proficiency in one or more of the core Technology Domains, technical proficiency in several others, and technical awareness in the rest.
The SENIOR ANALYST will report to the Manager of Systems Engineering.
The Technology Domains include the following:
· Middleware technologies and interdependencies (MQ, IIB/ACE, IIS, WebSphere)
· MidRange Server Support – LINUX, Windows, UNIX
· Windows Operating System
· LINUX Operating system
· Middleware Support
· Web Engineering Support
· Working Knowledge F5 Big -IP
· Working knowledge of VMware Virtual Infrastructure
· Strong troubleshooting skills
Please attach a resume with your online application or use the resume tab in DEL to provide a detailed description of how your education, training and/or experience meets each job requirement including employer, experience/responsibilities and dates (month/year) of employment/training.
· Possession of a Bachelors’ degree in an I/T discipline, or five (5) years of work experience.
· Possess a minimum of 5 years technical experience in installation and configuration, version testing, debugging, installation of patches, direct technical vendor interactions, tuning and disaster recovery with the following:
· MidRange Server Support – LINUX, UNIX
· Windows Server 2019, 2016, and 2012
· Red Hat/CentOS 7 & 8
· Middleware Support – SFTP, Oracle IAM, SharePoint, XML, Web
· Engineering Support – WebSphere, Apache, IIS, WebTrends, XML
· Configuration Management – Chef, Ansible configuration management tools
· F5 Big-IP LTM & GTM for a HA design
· Possess training or certifications in project fundamentals or a minimum of three (3) years of experience providing leadership for IT projects, including identifying tasks and their predecessors and successors, estimating task effort and duration, providing technical project leadership, and tracking time against a project schedule.
· Possess training or a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in quality process management, including compliance with standards, focusing on continuous improvement, implementing and testing changes, and performing post-implementation validation and monitoring.
· Possess a minimum of three (3) years of experience successfully interacting with operations staff, other technical teams, vendors, and users to ensure satisfactory service delivery.
· Possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written) as well as effective presentation skills.