This level oversees the daily operations of one or more work units within the Division of Corporations
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Reviews and processes legal corporate and Uniform Commercial Code documents. Conducts research by reviewing Uniform Commercial Code holdings and listings of corporate entities formed in Delaware and corporate documentation on payments and tax liabilities. Determines if legal requirements are met, corrective action is needed and assists clients in taking necessary action to meet legal requirements.
- Answers questions from attorneys, corporate officials, registered agents and the general public concerning Uniform Commercial Code and corporate documents, legal filings, franchise taxes, corporate fees and assists in solving problems.
- Conducts collection activities for franchise taxes, interest, penalties, corporate and Uniform Commercial Code fees.
- Performs mathematical calculations relative to franchise taxes, penalties and interest, corporate and Uniform Commercial Code fees.
- Uses the Delaware Corporations Information System and imaging system to obtain information and make entries, changes, verification and corrections required in processing requests for service from clients.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Corporations Section Manager
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Three years experience in interpreting business entity OR Uniform Commercial Code laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Six months experience in document processing and control which includes reviewing and evaluating records for completeness and conformity with laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures and ensures quality assurance of results.
- Knowledge of information system functional support which includes planning for informational needs to initiate system changes; developing user, operational and program documentation; coordinating, overseeing and participating in the testing of new/modified computer program enhancements by creating test data, analyzing the system's actions and determining critical system performance to ensure applications meet user needs.
- Knowledge of operations management which includes planning, directing, coordinating, controlling and evaluating operations typically through subordinate supervisors.
Additional Posting Information
Applicants may only apply if they are current permanent employees of the Department of State in a position covered by the Merit System who have completed their initial probationary period.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.