This position is responsible for support functions in the immunization clinic. Duties include: assisting clients with completion of required forms, data entry, information retrieval through various systems, assisting with flu clinics, gathering routine information according to a standard format for use in determining eligibility for programs, providing information regarding programs, submitting required reports.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Distributes program benefits/resources to eligible clients.
- Distributes forms, brochures, fact sheets and other related information.
- Completes or assist clients in completing preliminary information and reviews forms for completeness.
- Provides routine information regarding programs.
- Writes and mails letters. Keeps records, submits required reports, completes or types routine forms or letters, addresses.
- Gathers routine information according to a standard format for use in determining eligibility of benefits.
- Conducts follow up activities on clients as assigned.
- Refers clients/cases to appropriate agency for additional resources.
- May prepare and submit source documents on case/client activity for data entry in accordance with established policies and procedures and may input data into an automated client information system.
- Receives and records applicant, recipient or vendor complaints concerning reception area problems, solves routine problems, or refers to appropriate worker.
- Arranges or reminds clients of interviews or related appointments, follows up to determine client's reason if appointment is not kept, and reschedules if necessary and may visit clients and/or ensure clients receive adequate transportation.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Social Services Technician
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Six months experience in document processing which includes reviewing and evaluating records for completeness and conformity with laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures, resolve deficiencies, interpret information, and track and monitor activities.
- Six months experience in record keeping.
- Knowledge of health or human services support such as interviewing clients and assessing personal, health, social or financial needs in accordance with program requirements or coordinating with community resources to obtain client services.
- Knowledge of using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.