Using knowledge of patient care and clinical quality improvement processes, this position within the Division of Medicaid and Medical Assistance Quality Team works with the Medicaid Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), healthcare providers, and other state agencies to improve health outcomes for Delaware Medicaid recipients. The incumbent will review performance improvement projects, use data abstractions to assess MCO performance on child, adult and behavioral health core measures and ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Provides expert nursing consultation in the specialty program to which assigned. Independently manages and provides direct care to a group of patients with needs in a specialty area.
- Advises public health groups and members of the public health care team on matters related to nursing services and health care.
- Analyzes nursing techniques and recommends modifications based on state-of-the-art technological knowledge. Serves as resource nurse and point-of-contact for a specialty area developing the overall nursing plan for maintaining current nursing practice in that specialty.
- Assists public health nursing services in developing and carrying out staff education programs. Prepares educational materials and assists in planning and developing health and educational programs for community groups.
- Provides assistance in developing guidelines and manuals for specific aspects of nursing services. Formulates standards of nursing practice in a specialty area and ensures quality assurance and compliance.
- Prepares or furnishes data for articles and lectures and participates in surveys and research studies.
- Conducts workshops, conferences, and seminars in the specialty and may be required to speak before special interest groups, community organizations, medical and health care groups, or the general public.
- Prepares a variety of records, reports, and summaries in support of program planning, organization, implementation and evaluation.
- May be required to train student nurses and other health care team members in the incumbent's specialized area of nursing.
- May serve on a variety of committees, boards or commissions representing the Department as the expert in a specialized area of nursing.
- Assigns, reviews and evaluates the work of staff assigned to specialty program, coordinates and may oversee the work of health care team members providing program services.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Nurse Consultant
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Masters degree or higher in a Nursing specialty area such as Nursing Administration, Nursing Leadership, Medical, Surgical, Psychiatric, Maternal and Child Health, Public Health, Community Health, Health Promotion, Emergency/Services Management, or related nursing specialty.
- Possession of a Delaware Registered Nurse license OR multi-state compact license.
Additional Posting Information
This posting may be closed on or before 03/21/20 upon filling the vacant position(s).
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at statejobs.delaware.gov.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.