The incumbent in this position will be expected to oversee and/ or perform maintenance operations for electrical and mechanical to include HVAC systems for all of the Stockley campus and the state owned buildings in the southern region (Sussex County). The incumbent will inspect facilities and prioritize and schedule required work using in-house staff or outside vendors, if needed.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Directs the operation and maintenance of electrical, water, heating distribution and air conditioning systems.
- Analyzes technical problems of power, heating and air conditioning distribution, recommends economic and efficient utilization and purchase of electrical energy and plans for standardization of equipment and control systems.
- Plans and supervises preventative maintenance program of mechanical, building and utility equipment.
- Supervises maintenance personnel in servicing and repair of lighting, heating, air conditioning and other electrical and mechanical systems and equipment.
- Maintains maintenance and related records and prepares reports.
- Repairs and maintains proper operation of AHU units, HVAC units, cabinet and unit heaters, heat and chilled water pumps, gas fired boilers, water heaters and circulating pumps, wall heat and A/C units which includes motors, controls, bearings, valves, relays, thermostats, pneumatic controls and probes.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Electrical and Mechanical Supervisor
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
Possession of a Delaware Limited or Master Electrician license OR possession of a Limited Electrician or Master Electrician license from another state which meets Delaware license requirements or equivalent requirements as determined by the State Board of Electrical Examiners.
Six months experience in HVAC/R installation, troubleshooting, and repair.
Six months experience in interpreting blueprints and schematics.
Six months experience in staff supervision which includes planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others.
Possession of a valid Driver's License (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from driving).
Additional Posting Information
This posting may be closed on or before 03/15/2020 upon filling the vacant position.
Conditions of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.