Incumbents in this class are responsible for providing the management of all administrative support functions for an agency or major operating organization to include finance, budget, purchasing, personnel, data processing, and facilities, fleet and contract administration.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Provides daily administrative and technical guidance to subordinate staff to insure the effective operation of the unit.
- Insures compliance with all federal, state and agency rules, regulations, policies and procedures concerning fiscal activities, contracts administration, Personnel/Merit system policies and budgets.
- Analyzes and evaluates all administrative functions and activities, develops new systems and procedures as deemed appropriate.
- Provides top management with all required reports, briefings, projections, forecasts, fiscal analysis, and applicable recommendation for any remedial action necessary.
- Coordinates short and long term planning for the administrative unit to ensure the ability to maintain cost effective, efficient operations.
- Provides effective implementation of administrative/fiscal statewide systems, such as FSF, to insure compliance with State goals and priorities.
- Represents the department on various statewide committees and task forces and with meetings/negotiations with contractors, vendors and members of the general public.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Chief of Administration
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Business Management, Computer Information Systems or related field.
- Three years experience in financial administration such as comprehensive analysis of programs, budgets, projects, services, alternatives, and costs; financial planning, revenue generation, revenue forecasting, expenditure forecasting, cash flow management and establishing internal control.
- Three years experience in budget administration which includes managing, developing, analyzing and implementing budgets; developing strategic plans and establishing internal control.
- Three years experience in contract administration which includes overseeing the development and negotiation of contracts and bid specifications; managing bid openings; awarding and executing contracts.
- Six months experience in operations management which includes planning, directing, coordinating, controlling and evaluating operations typically through subordinate supervisors.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.