The incumbent will work at Warner Elementary School.
In the K-5 Early Intervention Program, each participating school is assigned a Family Crisis Therapist who work with identified children and their families whose behavior impedes their learning process and the learning process of others. This position is physically located in the Warner Elementary School, 801 W 18th Street, Wilmington, DE 19802.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Intervenes in family crisis situations.
- Provides on-going clinical assessment and treatment.
- Develops and implements treatment plans.
- Assesses progress and recommends appropriate strategies for continual functional improvement within the family.
- Conducts individual and family therapy sessions.
- Prepares clinical reports and documentation of progress towards goals of families and clients.
- Provides on-going consultation with professional staff.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Family Crisis Therapist
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Behavioral or Social Science or related field.
- Three years experience in case management which includes assessing, planning, developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating options and services to meet an individuals human service needs.
- Three years experience in crisis intervention.
- Three years experience in making recommendations as part of a clients service plan such as clinical treatment, counseling, or determining eligibility for health or human services/benefits.
- Six months experience in health or human services work such as applying theories, principles, laws and practices of health or human services programs and services that assist with and improve life for individuals, families, or communities such as financial support, employment, unemployment, housing, health care, disease prevention, substance abuse, child protective services, physical/mental health treatment and prevention or rehabilitation.
- Three years experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from driving).
Additional Posting Information
The incumbent will report to Concord Plaza and work at Warner Elementary School.
Conditions of Hire
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.