This position is responsible for collection, investigation and entry of all new and existing HIV case data. Duties include: completing data transmissions to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), ensuring all paper lab tests are entered correctly, de-duplicating HIV cases and monitoring perinatal HIV exposure cases, completing record searches, entering geocoding data and assisting with Molecular HIV Surveillance (MHS) activities such as HIV cluster detection, HIV cluster defining and cluster investigation, and assisting in completing several annual and bi-annual HIV related reports.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Plans and participates in selective or multiphasic screening surveys to identify cases of communicable diseases/health hazards.
- Conducts field investigations which includes on-site and office interviews to obtain information to locate exposed individuals and recommends and/or implements necessary follow-up measures.
- Takes samples of blood and body fluids and may perform clinical tests.
- Locates individuals exposed to infected patients through confidential investigative techniques.
- Contacts private health care providers to ensure rapid case reporting and refers for treatment and/or examination.
- Counsels patients and individuals in high risk target groups to reduce potential spread of communicable disease/health hazards by obtaining named contacts.
- Prepares confidential statistical and narrative reports.
- Provides educational programs to groups and organizations.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Senior Health Program Representative
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Six months experience in eliciting and assessing information to make referrals or provide additional information to others.
- Six months experience in data collection which includes collecting, compiling and maintaining data from multiple sources such as files, records, databases, customers, staff or others.
- Six months experience in record keeping.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
- Knowledge of etiology of communicable or chronic diseases/health hazards.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from driving).
Conditions of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.