The incumbent in this position is part of a Labor Relations Unit providing support to the Department of Health and Social Services, covering approximately 5,000 union and non-union employees. The incumbent will be working in a team environment; the incumbent is responsible for disciplinary case management, grievance administration, HR policy and procedure development and implementation. Other duties include EEO case management, training employees on labor employment issues and representing DHSS management in collective bargaining with the unions.
Selective Requirements must be met in addition to the job requirements. Applicants who do not possess the selective requirement will not be qualified.
- Six months’ experience in providing labor relations or employment practice activities such as disciplinary, union contracts, grievances, collective bargaining in accordance with human resource, employment practices or labor laws, rules, regulations, policies or procedures.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Conducts in-depth, comprehensive research. Reports findings to superior/agency staff including precedents and applicable state and federal laws/rules/regulations/contracts. Drafts recommended decisions based on findings of fact and applicable laws, rules and regulations.Researches other regulatory matters. Provides written recommendations.
- Presides over hearings, negotiations, and other administrative proceedings. Advises other hearing officers/examiners before, during, and subsequent to hearings, negotiations, etc.
- May direct the post-hearing phase including review of legal briefs submitted by various involved parties.
- Researches and drafts new and revised contracts/regulations/legislation.
- Leads and engages in mediation/arbitration of regulatory violations, contract enforcement and/or administrative rules and policies.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Regulatory Specialist
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Six months experience in policy administration which includes planning, developing, implementing and evaluating policies and procedures.
- Three years experience in research which includes systematic study to discover or establish facts.
- Six months experience in quasi judicial proceedings.
- Three years experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
Additional Posting Information
Writing Exercise: A writing exercise will be given at the time of interview.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.