The incumbent will perform financial analysis on revenue and expenditures for the Cost Recovery Unit and Chief of Administration. Duties include tracking and monitoring revenue and expenditures with projections; monitoring changes in Fed and State laws; running queries and developing solutions to issues; and making recommendations. The incumbent will support the generation of $18M in revenue from the Medicaid program, perform analysis and management studies regarding revenue and expenditures, in support of the Cost Recovery Unit, play a major role in the building of the DMES system for Medicaid claiming for the DMES system to allow DSCYF to continue to retain the revenue generated by billing the Medicaid program and support the Medicaid administrative claiming functionality.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Interviews agency staff, observes work processes and gathers data relating to operational and managerial practices and procedures for use in evaluating services provided and/or determining compliance to goals and objectives.
- Reviews, performs statistical analysis and interpretation of collected data relating to policies, procedures, organization, managerial and operational practices; Defines and may make recommendations for correcting problems.
- Analyzes data gathered and develops solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of operations in meeting established goals and objectives.
- Provides technical assistance in understanding and developing management objectives and controls for resolution of issues and concerns.
- Studies pertinent background material such as legislation, administrative orders and regulations.
- Makes recommendations for and assists in the implementation of new techniques or procedures to improve methods of operations, strengthen controls, and effectively utilize resources.
- Documents findings of studies and prepares recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Management Analyst III
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Three years experience in conducting studies which includes evaluating operations, programs, services, policies and procedures to determine efficiency, effectiveness, whether goals and objectives are met and compliance with laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Three years experience in descriptive statistics such as the mean, median, mode or standard deviation.
- Three years experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Six months experience in designing studies which includes determining study goals and objectives, information needed, data sources, sampling and collection methods.
- Six months experience in making recommendations for continuation or changes to operations, programs, services, policies or procedures based on findings.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
- Knowledge of inferential statistics such as correlation, t-tests, f-tests or analysis of variance.
Conditions of Hire
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.