This incumbent will assist Pensioners with processing all Health, Dental, and Vision insurance enrollments, adjustments and terminations to automated Human Resource/payroll Management System. Post the Health, Dental and Vision Enrollments, Terminations, or changes on Payroll Sheets and process personal data changes.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Interprets, explains and applies applicable state and federal laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Develops and recommends policies and procedures consistent with merit system laws, rules, regulations, priorities, objectives and new federal mandates.
- Develops and implements programs to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Collects, analyzes and evaluates data from a variety of sources and presents/communicates information effectively.
- Identifies and analyzes inquiries/problems/needs/issues, assesses their impact and generates and evaluates alternatives.
- Provides recommendations, guidance and direction to management for the purpose of understanding, meeting organizational and operational goals and objectives and identifying/resolving problems/needs.
- Implements human resource functions, policies, procedures, systems and plans.
- Provides representation at meetings, hearing, contract negotiations, presentations, proceedings and committees.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with state and federal laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures, requirements, guidelines, contract agreements and budgets.
- Conducts projects and studies.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Human Resources Specialist I
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, Psychology, Sociology, Behavioral Science, Political Science or related field.
- At least one year experience performing professional human resource activities in a human resource office such as Labor Relations, Employee Relations, Benefits, Job Classification, Compensation Analysis, Pension, Recruitment, Selection or EEO/AA.
- At least two years experience performing paraprofessional human resource activities in a human resource office AND possession of a SPHR, PHR, IPMA-CP, IPMA-CS or equivalent professional human resource certification OR for current State employees, the Statewide Human Resources Certification.
- Six months experience in analyzing human resource problems, developing alternatives and recommending and advising management on solutions.
- Six months experience in interpreting human resource laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.