The State of Delaware seeks a part-time Marketing Specialist to coordinate a parade and educational programming to honor the centennial of the passage and ratification of the 19th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States providing for women’s suffrage. The ideal candidate is a multi-talented team player that is skilled in special events, administration, project planning, marketing and written communications. This position is in the Department of Human Resources and will report to the Director of the Office of Women's Advancement and Advocacy, but will work closely with several state agencies that are working together as part of the Women’s Suffrage Centennial Subcommittee.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Identifies channels of promotion, distribution, or advertising of products or services.
- Conducts market research through studies or surveys to target specific groups, determines the effectiveness of marketing activities, recommends enhancements or refines marketing strategies.
- Analyzes data to identify customer needs and buying habits, potential customers, future marketing trends, or market expansion.
- Studies and collects data on economic, social, and political factors affecting markets.
- Maintains awareness of competitors and positioning of new products or services to be competitive.
- Writes, edits, and distributes marketing or advertising materials including publications, newsletters, pamphlets, brochures, and other promotional activities.
- Represents the agency in marketing or advertising activities such as meetings, press conferences, or other promotional events.
- Prepares a variety of reports.
- May manage contracts with service providers or vendors.
- May conduct training sessions related to marketing functions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Marketing Specialist II
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Three years experience in creating and editing marketing or advertising materials such as publications, newsletters, pamphlets or brochures.
- Six months experience in marketing products or services by identifying channels of promotion, distribution, and advertising.
- Six months experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
- Knowledge of conducting market research through studies and surveys to make recommendations.
- Knowledge of developing and implementing marketing strategies.
Additional Posting Information
This job is funded through June 30, 2020. The position will be extended through October 31, 2020 if additional funding is approved.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.