This class is responsible for coordinating and/or participating in the development, maintenance and enhancement of information systems with users and technical data processing personnel, and implementing and conducting training programs for users in the operation of the system.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Coordinates with managers, technical staff, and contracted staff to troubleshoot and correct system errors and schedule system development, enhancement, testing, and implementation; initiates program maintenance requests and provides data requirements to technical staff throughout the design and programming phases of a project.
- Trains staff/system users in various systems and enhancements/modifications to the system and programs; certifies competency of those trained and determines those aspects of the information system that will be accessible to staff/customers.
- Coordinates, oversees, and participates in the testing of new/modified computer program enhancements by creating test data, analyzing the system's action and determining critical system performance to ensure applications meet user needs.
- Recommends and maintains information system education and training programs to include guidelines, manuals and similar documentation.
- Provides liaison between technical staff, contractors, vendors, and agency staff and informs users regarding system operations problems, changes, corrections, enhancements and new features.
- May supervise technical support staff.
- Assists in maintaining security for the information system by assigning user security codes, restrictions and accessibility of information to authorized users.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for ERP Systems Specialist
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Six months experience in information system functional support which includes planning for informational needs to initiate system changes; developing user, operational and program documentation; coordinating, overseeing and participating in the testing of new/modified computer program enhancements by creating test data, analyzing the systems actions and determining critical system performance to ensure applications meet user needs.
- Knowledge of presenting training or education courses.
- Knowledge of database management concepts and systems development lifecycle methodology.
- Knowledge of conducting information systems needs and requirements analysis.
Additional Posting Information
Merit Only: Current State of Delaware employees in a position covered by the Merit System and who have completed their initial probationary period.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.