This position is Exempt from the State of Delaware
|Opening Date||7/30/2020 12:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||8/12/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Type of Recruitment||Exempt-Non Merit|
|Salary||Yearly: $69,563.00/Min - $83,475.00/Mid|
|Shift Hours||8:00am - 4:30pm|
William Penn Building: (801 Silver Lake Blvd, Dover, DE, 19904)
|Contact Name||Human Resources|
Looking for a rewarding career in the fast-paced technology industry? Look no further!
The Department of Technology & Information (DTI) is Delaware’s central IT organization committed to providing technology services and collaborative solutions for Delaware while working to improve the lives of Delawareans through advanced technologies that innovate government services.
In addition to recruiting and retaining the best and brightest, DTI acknowledges and values the diversity of our employees. DTI recognizes that fostering a diverse workforce provides remarkable benefits in terms of innovative thinking, increased collection of skills and experiences, greater teamwork, and higher morale.
To learn more visit DTI’s Website at https://dti.delaware.gov/
responsibility for the Mainframe Services Senior Analyst is to provide
highly effective technical support for DTI’s technical infrastructure. Highly
effective means that the services for the assigned assets are provided in a way
that is efficient, meets the needs of the customers (both DTI and other state
agencies) and customers in compliance with DTI policy and procedures. The
services will be primarily rendered through a combination of personal effort,
joint effort with others in the workgroup, and collaboration with other DTI
staff, vendors, and customers.
The SENIOR ANALYST is expected to possess strong technical proficiency in one or more of the core Technology Domains, technical proficiency in several others, and technical awareness in the rest. The Technology Domains include the following:
· Mainframe Systems Programming Support
· Mainframe Network Control Program Support
· System Support – z/OS, UNIX, LINUX
· Middleware Support
· Web Engineering Support
The SENIOR ANALYST will report to the Mainframe Services Lead Analyst.
Please attach a resume with your online application or use the resume tab in DEL to provide a detailed description of how your education, training and/or experience meets each job requirement including employer, experience/responsibilities and dates (month/year) of employment/training.
· Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in an I/T discipline is strongly preferred, or equivalent work experience.
· Possess a minimum of five (5) years advanced technical experience in one or more of the core technical requirements and related product support in a 24x7 operational environment. Experience should include installation and configuration, version testing, debugging, installation of patches, direct technical vendor interactions, tuning and disaster recovery. Specific technical domains are listed in the summary statement.
· Possess training or certifications in project fundamentals or a minimum of three (3) years’ experience providing leadership for IT projects, including identifying tasks and their predecessors and successors, estimating task effort and duration, providing technical project leadership, and tracking time against a project schedule.
· Possess training or a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in quality process management, including compliance with standards, focusing on continuous improvement, implementing and testing changes, and performing post-implementation validation and monitoring.
· Possess a minimum of three (3) years experience working in an environment with formal incident management and change control processes.
· Possess a minimum of three (3) years experience mentoring or providing knowledge transfer in mainframe technical disciplines.
· Possess a minimum of three (3) years experience successfully interacting with operations staff, other technical teams, vendors, and users to ensure satisfactory service delivery.
Criminal background check: A satisfactory fingerprint based criminal background check administered by the Delaware State Police is required as a Condition of Hire.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DTI participates in E-Verify. DTI does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at .
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Contact us via conventional means.||For further assistance, you may contact us by phone at (302) 739-5458, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.|