The incumbent will monitor and expand program supports to direct service providers statewide. The incumbent will develop, monitor and provide technical assistance to community-based organization and private agencies to enable them to improve service delivery. The position evaluates program performance as well as reporting systems and record keeping as mandated by federal and state regulations.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Plans new or revises existing programs based on an analysis and evaluation of data; Plans, organizes and conducts needs assessments in a diverse range of program areas; Develops data collection instruments.
- Works with community resources, organizations and other interested groups to develop service programs to meet needs.
- Develops RFP's reviews program proposals and submits recommendations to superior; Develops agreements for approved bids.
- Provides technical assistance to community-based organizations and private agencies to enable them to improve service delivery.
- Develops criteria for evaluating program performance as well as reporting systems and record keeping formats; Monitors programs contracted to private agencies including conducting on-site reviews of contractors to evaluate methods of operation, staffing and compliance with program goals and budgetary constraints; Makes recommendations for corrective actions.
- Consults with public and private agency administrators to evaluate the preliminary results of projects, identify problems and deficiencies and reformulate specific objectives to be accomplished.
- Prepares a variety of reports including but not limited to statistical analysis and program assessments as well as those mandated by federal and state regulations.
- Represents the unit, division or department on committees and tasks forces to coordinate existing or proposed services; recommends on the need for new programs to meet current community needs and effectiveness of existing/proposed program objectives, policies and procedures in meeting client needs.
- May supervise staff engaged in data collection, analysis and record keeping functions.
- May assist in compilation of statistics for division or department budget preparation.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Family Services Program Support Administrator
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Behavioral or Social Science or related field.
- Three years experience in health or human services work such as applying theories, principles, laws and practices of health or human services programs and services that assist with and improve life for individuals, families, or communities such as financial support, employment, unemployment, housing, health care, disease prevention, substance abuse, child protective services, physical/mental health treatment and prevention or rehabilitation.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
- Knowledge of contract management and control such as ensuring compliance with terms of contracts; negotiating changes to existing contracts.
- Knowledge of health or human services program administration such as overseeing and directing the development, implementation and evaluation of health or human services programs and services; planning and establishing short and long range program goals and objectives. Providing advice to other agency organizational units through consultation.
- Knowledge of grant management and control which includes monitoring and evaluating grant expenditures.
- Knowledge of developing policies or procedures.
Conditions of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.