This level assists the Chief of Fiscal and Policy Analysis in providing supervision and guidance to fiscal and policy analysts and for coordinating and directing the formulation of the statewide capital improvement planning and budgeting process.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Analyzes, recommends and monitors fiscal activities with regard to revenue and expenditures, program initiatives, performance and trends within assigned agencies.
- Provides budgetary and programmatic expertise to agency heads, fiscal officers, the Legislature, and the Governor.
- Reviews and analyzes preliminary budget data in preparation of budget targets and assists agencies in their interpretation and implementation of budget guidelines and policies.
- Reviews and analyzes legislation to determine fiscal and organizational impact.
- Reviews and analyzes requests for federal funds prior to being submitted to the Clearinghouse Committee.
- Conducts special studies.
- Plans, develops, implements and monitors public budgetary policy.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding strategic plans for budgetary programs throughout state government.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Assistant Chief of Fiscal and Policy Analysis
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher.
- Three years experience in financial planning which includes analyzing current financial circumstances and needs, financial markets, investment performance, legislative changes and shifts in the financial industry to develop long-term financial planning strategies to meet future goals and objectives and introduce new opportunities.
- Six months experience in public policy administration which includes overseeing and directing the development, implementation and evaluation of public policies.
- Three years experience in developing solutions and providing recommendations, guidance and direction to management/officials in accomplishing organizational and operational goals and objectives and identifying and resolving issues.
- Six months experience in overseeing the development and implementation of budgets; analyzing strategic plans; planning, developing, implementing and monitoring budgetary policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of staff supervision acquired through course work, academic training, training provided through an employer, or performing as a lead worker overseeing the work of others; OR supervising staff which may include planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others; OR supervising through subordinate supervisors a group of professional, technical, and clerical employees.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.