The incumbent is a key supervisory level member of the Contracts Management & Procurement Unit in DMS. The incumbent reports to the manager of Support Services and oversees the work of two Purchasing Services Coordinators and two Management Analyst II’s, who procure professional services, materials and supplies for all DHSS Divisions. The incumbent leads and act as a consultant to all DHSS Divisions regarding the Request for proposal process, waiver approval process and acts as the eMarketplace, Bonfire and DocuSign administrator and trainer.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Reviews requisitions and purchase orders for completeness and accuracy; contacts user to obtain additional information as required.
- Determines whether items to be purchased are on contract, require either formal or informal bidding or may be obtained by phone or from a catalog.
- Writes specifications for bids, has them advertised, printed and sent to appropriate vendors; evaluates bids received for conformity to bid specifications and compliance with governing laws, rules and regulations; tabulates and submits a recommendation of award.
- Ensures prompt and complete deliveries; investigates problems and complaints from vendors (users) concerning late delivery, price discrepancies, poor quality or defective merchandise; initiates change orders and cancellations as required.
- Interviews vendor representatives for new and improved products, services and marketing conditions.
- Maintains files on open purchase orders and correspondence, vendor lists, product catalogs and contract awards.
- Attends meetings and seminars concerned with specification revisions, standardization and product evaluation.
- May supervise clerical personnel.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Purchasing Services Administrator
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
Three years experience in procurement services which includes purchasing goods and services in accordance with procurement procedures and contract specifications.
Three years experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
Knowledge of developing policies or procedures.
Knowledge of staff supervision acquired through course work, academic training, training provided through an employer, or performing as a lead worker overseeing the work of others; OR supervising staff which may include planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others; OR supervising through subordinate supervisors a group of professional, technical, and clerical employees.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at statejobs.delaware.gov.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.