This incumbent is an integral component of the Home’s clinical leadership team, directing the nursing department in a state-run nursing home in accordance with federal and state Long Term Care (LTC) regulations and standards of nursing practice. Additional responsibilities; supervision of clinical nursing practices, management responsibilities for policy and procedures, quality assurance, survey preparedness and performance initiatives. The incumbent will collaborate with interdisciplinary team leaders to provide the highest possible quality of care and quality of life for all residents.
- Directs all administrative aspects of a Nursing Department.
- Assesses the needs of the Nursing Department and makes recommendations to administration.
- Reviews and approves all nursing policies and procedures.
- Directs all nursing programs and services.
- Prepares office and special program budgets and oversees all expenditures for activities, resources and supplies.
- Writes grant applications, develops working agreements and contracts with other State and private agencies to enhance and coordinate delivery of client services. Prepares and analyzes cost reports and other statistical data.
- Contacts include staff nurses, supervisory nurses and other administrative staff.
- At least three years experience as a Registered Nurse in Long Term Care Nursing OR a Bachelors degree or higher in Nursing and at least two years experience as a Registered Nurse in Long Term Care Nursing OR a license or temporary permit to practice as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse.
- Possession of a Delaware Registered Nurse license OR multi-state compact license.
- Six months experience in budget development which includes developing a budget, analyzing financial data and making long and short range plans and projections.
- Six months experience in developing policies and procedures.
- Six months experience in operations management which includes planning, directing, coordinating, controlling and evaluating operations typically through subordinate supervisors.
Conditions of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
Please attach a resume with your online application or use the resume tab in DEL to provide a detailed description of how your education, training and/or experience meets each job requirement including employer, experience/responsibilities and dates (month/year) of employment/training.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.