This is the assistant level.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Reviews and processes legal corporate and Uniform Commercial Code documents. Conducts research by reviewing Uniform Commercial Code holdings and listings of corporate entities formed in Delaware and corporate documentation on payments and tax liabilities. Determines if legal requirements are met, corrective action is needed and assists clients in taking necessary action to meet legal requirements.
- Answers questions from attorneys, corporate officials, registered agents and the general public concerning Uniform Commercial Code and corporate documents, legal filings, franchise taxes, corporate fees and assists in solving problems.
- Conducts collection activities for franchise taxes, interest, penalties, corporate and Uniform Commercial Code fees.
- Performs mathematical calculations relative to franchise taxes, penalties and interest, corporate and Uniform Commercial Code fees.
- Uses the Delaware Corporations Information System and imaging system to obtain information and make entries, changes, verification and corrections required in processing requests for service from clients.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Corporations Assistant
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Six months experience in document processing which includes reviewing and evaluating records for completeness and conformity with laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures, resolve deficiencies, interpret information, and track and monitor activities.
- Six months experience in office operations such as operating office machines, handling incoming and outgoing mail, postal and shipping services, answering phones, directing calls and taking messages; file maintenance; maintaining and updating supplies.
- Six months experience in applying business entity OR Uniform Commercial Code laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Six months experience in math such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, or decimals.
- Six months experience in using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.