The incumbent in this position will oversee day-to-day operations in the Division of Social Services at the Blue Hen Corporate Center location. Duties include supervising 3-4 Social Service Case Manager Supervisors and an Office Manager and providing oversite of approximately 30 DSS staff. The incumbent is accountable to ensure DSS services are delivered to clients and community partners promptly, respectfully and accurately.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Monitors, evaluates, collects and analyzes program data. Provides technical assistance and recommends course of action.
- Prepares interpretative reports of program goals and objectives, provision of services and programs/services ability to meet standards and regulations.
- Participates in developing policies, regulations, forms, proposal requests, implementing new procedures, monitors, develops, reviews, updates, negotiates contracts, and/or prepares grant applications.
- Acts as liaison with operations' staff, State/Federal agencies and community organizations.
- Analyzes problems, applies policy to problem situations, responds to requests for information and questions regarding services.
- Assists as consultant, coordinator/liaison for special programs and/or projects.
- Assesses impact of proposed rules on current operations financially and programmatically.
- May supervise professional staff engaged in monitoring functions, special projects and/or clerical staff performing record keeping functions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Social Service Administrator
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Three years experience in health or human services work such as applying theories, principles, laws and practices of health or human services programs and services that assist with and improve life for individuals, families, or communities such as financial support, employment, unemployment, housing, health care, disease prevention, substance abuse, child protective services, physical/mental health treatment and prevention or rehabilitation.
- Six months experience in health or human services program administration such as overseeing and directing the development, implementation and evaluation of health or human services programs and services; planning and establishing short and long range program goals and objectives. Providing advice to other agency organizational units through consultation.
- Six months experience in developing policies or procedures.
- Six months experience in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Six months experience in narrative report writing.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.