The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the regulatory compliance of acute/outpatient healthcare agencies/facilities in Delaware. Work includes: conducting federal certification and/or State licensure surveys of acute/outpatient healthcare agencies /facilities; assessing quality of care and related findings to statutory/regulatory requirements; developing deficiency reports; reviewing/assessing corrective action plans; participating in updating acute/outpatient healthcare regulations; and preparing/maintaining records. The incumbent may be required to appear in courts of law or before boards/commissions.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Conducts survey of facilities and agencies for certification and/or licensure by the State and Medicare/Medicaid.
- Consults with agencies and facilities to assist them in meeting requirements and improving overall health care delivery.
- Conduct investigations of complaints against agencies/facilities to include allegations of violations against health care regulations and patient care.
- Conducts in-service training programs at health care facilities or in the community in order to educate provides and other interested groups in state-of-the-art health care.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records, reports, and summaries and may be required to appear in courts of law or before boards and commissions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Compliance Nurse
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Nursing and at least two years experience as a Registered Nurse OR a Masters degree or higher in Nursing and at least one year experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Possession of a Delaware Registered Nurse license OR multi-state compact license.
Additional Posting Information
This posting may be closed on or before 11/25/19 upon filling the vacant position.
Conditions of Hire
This position is a classification organized under an exclusive bargaining representative (labor organization). The candidate selected for this position shall be asked to join and pay dues to the labor organization or may, decline joining the labor organization and not pay dues or a fee. The labor organization has been elected by employees as their representative for collective bargaining and other work related purposes.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.