The Senior Network Operations Center Specialist is responsible for day-to-day operational support, monitoring, and physical security of the DTI data centers, IT and facilities infrastructure, managed systems, and other core IT services of state government, enabling agencies to meet their missions and to serve Delaware citizens effectively and efficiently. DTI data centers and systems operate 24x7x365.
Responsible for issue recognition, initial diagnosis, troubleshooting, and tracking of IT system, data center, and facilities incidents across the enterprise.
Responsible for taking corrective actions based on established procedures, or at the direction of technical staff, with the goal of minimizing downtime and impact to services.
Responsible for the timely escalation of problems and incidents to designated support staff and management; as well as reporting incident statuses and resolution activity progress in the appropriate applications.
Responsible for understanding, and executing the DTI Incident, Request, and Change Management processes and procedures.
Responsible for performing operational support duties such as monitoring, batch job scheduling, review of JCL, implementation of change packages, tape management, remote/smart hands services, and service desk support. This includes the ability to learn and perform new or special ad hoc tasks upon demand.
Responsible for ensuring the physical security of the DTI sites by managing approved visitors & vendors.
Responsible for maintaining a robust and accurate knowledgebase repository, including writing and editing operational procedures.
Responsible for preparing accurate reports and logs detailing work activities.
Responsible for professional and effective interactions with customers, technical staff, and management.
Responsible for providing training to Operations Control Center Specialists.
Responsible for developing and implementing improved methods and procedures.
Responsible for performing other duties, as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for the DTI Senior Network Operations Center Specialist:
Please attach a resume with your online application or use the resume tab in DEL to provide a detailed description of how your education, training and/or experience meets each job requirement including employer, experience/responsibilities and dates (month/year) of employment/training.
- Possession of an Associate’s degree in a related field is preferred, or 5 years of experience in computer operations and system monitoring.
- Possession of technical training or industry certifications such as A+, Network+, CCNA, etc. are desirable.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years experience with the components and operation of large scale data centers and/or IT systems, including networks, servers, mainframes, peripheral devices and data center facility infrastructure.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years experience with desktop software, IT system and network monitoring tools, ticket tracking processes and applications, job scheduling and tape management subsystems, and data center management systems.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years experience reporting incident status and resolution activities, taking corrective actions based on established procedures, escalating issues to technical support, and communicating with various levels of management.
- Able to work 12 hours shifts, rotating monthly from dayshift to nightshift, including weekends and holidays. Able to work occasional overtime, if necessary, to cover absences on other shifts.
Conditions of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory fingerprint based criminal background check administered by the Delaware State Police is required as a Condition of Hire.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DTI participates in E-Verify. DTI does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.