The position is required to monitor high cost bed based hospital and crisis services. The incumbent authorizes services, certifies cases of Medicaid reimbursement and insures that these services are not misused. This position requires a license for Medicaid reimbursement.
Selective Requirements must be met in addition to the job requirements. Applicants who do not possess the selective requirement will not be qualified.
- Possession of a Clinical Social Worker License (LCSW) OR a Professional Counselor of Mental Health License (LPCMH).
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Develops, recommends and oversees the implementation and application of policies and procedures.
- Provides technical guidance and supervision to program supervisors and staff through unit and site supervisors.
- Oversees the application of policies relating to quality assurance regarding programs, services, clients/patients' rights.
- Acts as liaison between centers and various public and private care agencies as well as the court and local governments regarding program issues service delivery issues.
- Resolves operational and service delivery issues as necessary.
- Acts in the absence of the Regional CMHC Director.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Clinical Services Administrator
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Three years experience in health or human services work such as applying theories, principles, laws and practices of health or human services programs and services that assist with and improve life for individuals, families, or communities such as financial support, employment, unemployment, housing, health care, disease prevention, substance abuse, child protective services, physical/mental health treatment and prevention or rehabilitation.
- Six months experience in health or human services program administration such as overseeing and directing the development, implementation and evaluation of health or human services programs and services; planning and establishing short and long range program goals and objectives. Providing advice to other agency organizational units through consultation.
- Six months experience in developing policies and procedures.
- Six months experience in staff supervision which includes planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others.
- Knowledge of budget management and control which includes managing a budget for the purpose of keeping expenditures within the limitations of available appropriations and available revenue and maintaining, monitoring, projecting and controlling a budget within set policies and procedures.
Conditions of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.