The incumbent will provide administrative support to the New Castle County Human Resources Classifications, Compensation, and Applicant Services office and perform other duties as assigned. Primary duties will include compiling complex reports, processing requests in DEL/Sharepoint, preparing spreadsheets, preparing training materials, and maintaining databases.
Selective Requirements must be met in addition to the job requirements. Applicants who do not possess the selective requirement will not be qualified.
- Six months experience in experience in the advanced functionality of Microsoft Excel, such as formula/function library, data manipulation, import/export of data and linking multiple spreadsheets.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Applies agency laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures in maintaining and processing agency information.
- Creates official agency word processing documents; creates and maintains agency databases typically using Access or similar software packages; creates and maintains spreadsheets; creates original presentations using software packages.
- Serves as a liaison with the public, clients, agency staff and others to exchange information and explain agency services, laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Assures effective coordination of operational functions.
- Establishes tracking and monitoring systems and conducts follow up to ensure effective resolution of matters.
- Obtains, organizes and drafts technical and administrative material necessary for public information or departmental use. Collects and compiles data to prepare reports and provide supporting documentation.
- Analyzes routine operating practices and procedures and makes recommendations to ensure smooth and efficient office operation.
- Maintains and controls data and/or filing systems to ensure effective, accurate and easily retrievable documentation of operations, program and project activities.
- May oversee or supervise lower level employees.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Administrative Specialist II
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- One year experience in coordinating office activities such as planning/coordinating meetings or conferences; tracking workflow and follow up; composing meeting notes; directing clients/customers; explaining services to the public and customers/clients; establishing or maintaining filing/record systems.
- One year experience in document processing which includes reviewing and evaluating records for completeness and conformity with laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures, resolve deficiencies, interpret information, and track and monitor activities.
- One year experience in using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
- One year experience in using standard computer software programs for word processing, spreadsheets or databases.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.