This position is Exempt from the State of Delaware Merit System
|Opening Date||5/9/2020 12:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||5/25/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Type of Recruitment||Exempt-Non Merit|
|Salary||Yearly: $59,695.00/Min - $71,634.00/Mid|
|Shift Hours||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Agency||DTI/Operations Office/ Telecomm|
William Penn Building: (801 Silver Lake Blvd, Dover, DE, 19904)
|Contact Name||Human Resources|
Looking for a rewarding career in the fast-paced technology industry? Look no further!
The Department of Technology & Information (DTI) is Delaware’s central IT organization committed to providing technology services and collaborative solutions for Delaware while working to improve the lives of Delawareans through advanced technologies that innovate government services.
In addition to recruiting and retaining the best and brightest, DTI acknowledges and values the diversity of our employees. DTI recognizes that fostering a diverse workforce provides remarkable benefits in terms of innovative thinking, increased collection of skills and experiences, greater teamwork, and higher morale.
To learn more visit DTI’s Website at https://dti.delaware.gov/
Incumbent assists with the configuration, implementation and management of all networks and related client services and systems. Has responsibility for the identification and resolution of hardware and software technical problems related to network services such as IP Ethernet & wireless networks. Provides 2nd level support to the Helpdesk as well as agency technical personnel and DTI Operations staff.
· Possess the ability to produce accurate project specifications and topology diagrams.
· Possess CCNA-Routing and Switching- Certification.
· Possess advanced experience in managing and troubleshooting 802.11x Wi-Fi networks specifically in the Cisco and Aerohive Product lines.
Please attach a resume with your online application or use the resume tab in DEL to provide a detailed description of how your education, training and/or experience meets each job requirement including employer, experience/responsibilities and dates (month/year) of employment/training.
· Possess experience with system hardware including servers and switches.
Criminal background check: A satisfactory fingerprint based criminal background check administered by the Delaware State Police is required as a Condition of Hire.Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DTI participates in E-Verify. DTI does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
· Group Health Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Prescription, Flexible Spending, Long & Short Term Disability Insurance, Group Universal Life Insurance, AFLAC, Health Management Programs.
· 21 paid vacation days, 15 paid sick days, 12 paid holidays, Up to 12 weeks paid Parental Leave.
· Tuition reimbursement up to $4,000 annually.
· State funded learning opportunities, mentor programs and professional development opportunities.
· Employee Assistance Program: Access to support services such as Professional Counseling Services, Legal Services, Financial Services.
· Employer & Employee Funded Pension Plan as well as an Employee Funded Retirement Savings Plan available.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at .
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
05/27/2020 Application Review
Ongoing Tentative Interview Date