Open to Department of Technology and Information Employees Only
|Opening Date||5/1/2021 12:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||5/10/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Type of Recruitment||In-House|
|Salary||Yearly: $83,478 - $93,299|
|Shift Hours||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Agency||DTI/Operations Office / Automation|
William Penn Building: (801 Silver Lake Blvd, Dover, DE, 19904)
|Contact Name||Human Resources|
Looking for a rewarding career in the fast-paced technology industry? Look no further!
The Department of Technology & Information (DTI) is Delaware’s central IT organization committed to providing technology services and collaborative solutions for Delaware while working to improve the lives of Delawareans through advanced technologies that innovate government services.
In addition to recruiting and retaining the best and brightest, DTI acknowledges and values the diversity of our employees. DTI recognizes that fostering a diverse workforce provides remarkable benefits in terms of innovative thinking, increased collection of skills and experiences, greater teamwork, and higher morale.
To learn more visit DTI’s Website at https://dti.delaware.gov/
Due to the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, DTI has implemented temporary telecommuting arrangements for newly hired employees whose job duties are conducive to working from home. These arrangements are expected to be short term and will be monitored by DTI supervisors.
Principal responsibilities include overall strategic and technical management of a world class Telecommunications Team, which focuses on value-adding initiatives, technologies, processes, policies and procedures. Promotes leading-edge thinking and develops innovative and best practice IT strategies for systems that are aligned with government practices. Inspires and motivates staff by being a catalyst for creative problem solving, solution generation, implementation and teamwork.
The Lead is responsible for the full life cycle of enterprise-wide telecommunications solutions, forecasting and developing an enterprise infrastructure and provides the foundation for highly-functional and stable systems. The selected individual will have high expectations of accomplishment and extraordinary strategic and technical knowledge and people skills.
The Lead Telecommunications Technologist will report to the Telecommunications Team Leader.
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred with emphasis in IT, related field or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum of 8 years senior engineering leadership in Telecommunications (operations, design, and implementation).
· Five years of experience developing detailed technical and functional requirements.
· Five years of experience analyzing and deciding among alternative solutions to current and anticipated IT needs with emphasis on identifying creative solutions to IT problems within applicable constraints.
· Five years of experience with LAN/WAN/Telephony fundamentals, including knowledge of Network Operating System functions and Information Security issues, best practices, policies and standards
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
Applicants may only apply if they are current employees of the Delaware Department of Technology and information.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DTI participates in the Federal E-Verify system where we will provide the federal government with each Executive Branch new hires Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our Job Seeker Resources web page.
DTI does not provide employment-based sponsorship.