The HRIS Lead is a functional subject matter expert and system support specialist for the State of Delaware's ERP applications. ERP applications include PHRST Oracle/PeopleSoft, eSTAR Time and Attendance, and functionality used by both. This is a lead position on the Operations team and is responsible for the financial operations task, providing system support, analysis of data, communication, and coordination with End Users and key stakeholders.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Provides central support for HRIS applications, helpdesk operations and/or data reporting to end users which include all state agencies, school districts, charter schools and higher education, vendors and to other central organizations such as counties and municipalities.
- Researches and resolves customer inquiries/requests, or system problems, performs scheduled activities, recommends solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Processes data change requests to update or correct data in the system, and resolves issues and user access/security; documents and tracks customer inquiries and resolutions using an internal automated system.
- Explains and applies state and federal laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to statewide HRIS.
- Maintains data integrity by running queries, analyzing data and communicates this information to end users.
- Participates in HRIS business requirements analysis, system testing and change management of system implementations, upgrades, patches and enhancements.
- Runs, maintains and supports a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools for ongoing customer needs.
- Runs and monitors system processes to ensure accuracy of data.
- Maintains, reviews and verifies table configuration in system.
- Reviews existing business processes, policies and procedures, identifying opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Attends meetings for process deadlines, issue and root cause identification, options for solutions, transition and hand-off.
- Updates HRIS procedures and job aids for staff and end users.
Levels of Work
This is the lead level of HRIS work performing as a functional expert at the state level for HRIS applications supporting multiple functions such as Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, Time and Attendance, and Pension Administration and associated business processes. This level is responsible for executing production processes and analyzing functional and/or system processes or problems, recommending solutions or system enhancements and modifications.
- Provides direction, expertise and may supervise lower-level professional staff in the areas of system maintenance and integration, daily operations, mass updates, data and system integrity, quarterly events, annual events and testing.
- Researches and resolves escalated issues and recommends solutions to management.
- Manages projects of all assigned work efforts and changes to system applications and cycle events such as Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, Time and Attendance or Pension Administration; determines time estimates for completing projects.
- Conducts impact analysis of business requirements in the system, and ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws.
- Oversees the implementation of system updates, maintenance patches, and implements statewide changes.
- Recommends process/customer service improvements, solutions, policy changes and/or system enhancements.
- Conducts quality assurance of system functionality and customer satisfaction.
- Creates and executes test plans, test remediation plans, test scenarios/scripts with expected outcomes.
- Reports on testing progress, manages regression testing and approves contingency plans.
- Regular contacts are with various state organizations, primarily for the purpose of implementing federal and state legislated changes that impact the system through providing leadership of integrated project plans to assure the project is completed on schedule and meets the business, compliance and technical standards.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for HRIS Lead
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Three years experience in performing human resource information systems (HRIS) support for HRIS applications that manage functions such as Human Resources, Pension, Benefits, Payroll or Time and Attendance.
- Three years experience in human resource information systems (HRIS) management applying HRIS theories, principles and models to the administration of at least one of the following functional areas: Human Resources, Pension, Benefits, Payroll or Time and Attendance.
- Three years experience in using an automated human resources, pension, payroll or benefits information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
- Two years experience in the testing of new/modified computer program enhancements by creating test data, analyzing the systems actions and determining critical system performance to ensure applications meet business requirements and user needs.
- One year experience in executing maintenance testing of an integrated human resources information system which includes regression testing of system design modifications and conducting impact analysis with respect to system releases.
- Knowledge of analyzing and evaluating HRIS applications to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, rules regulations, policies and procedures and making recommendations to management based on findings.
- Knowledge of information systems project management which includes planning, scheduling, staffing, coordinating, controlling, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on status of information systems projects.
- Knowledge of staff supervision acquired through course work, academic training, training provided through an employer, or performing as a lead worker overseeing the work of others; OR supervising staff which may include planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others; OR supervising through subordinate supervisors a group of professional, technical, and clerical employees.
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware Executive Branch participates in the Federal E-Verify system where the State will provide the federal government with each new hires Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our job seeker resources.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at statejobs.delaware.gov.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.