Looking for a rewarding career in the fast-paced technology industry? Look no further!
The Department of Technology & Information (DTI) is Delaware’s central IT organization committed to providing technology services and collaborative solutions for Delaware while working to improve the lives of Delawareans through advanced technologies that innovate government services.
In addition to recruiting and retaining the best and brightest, DTI acknowledges and values the diversity of our employees. DTI recognizes that fostering a diverse workforce provides remarkable benefits in terms of innovative thinking, increased collection of skills and experiences, greater teamwork, and higher morale.
To learn more visit DTI’s Website at https://dti.delaware.gov/
Due to the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, DTI has implemented temporary telecommuting arrangements for newly hired employees whose job duties are conducive to working from home. These arrangements are expected to
The Service Support Specialist provides day-to-day help desk support for the customer base of the Department of Technology and Information (DTI). They will be responsible for:
- The execution of DTI Service Desk contact, problem, incident and request management policies and procedures.
- The diagnosis, troubleshooting and tracking of all computer-related incidents.
- Escalating problems and incidents to designated level 2 and level 3 help desk support entities.
- Reporting incident status and system outage notifications to customers, technical staff and applicable management entities.
- Logging incidents and problem resolution activities into a computerized tracking system.
- Maintaining a robust and accurate knowledge base repository.
- Providing hands-on PC and peripheral equipment troubleshooting, repair and installation support.
- Generating help desk related performance statistics, as required. Training support staff, as required.
- Performing other tasks, as assigned.
Please attach a resume with your online application or use the resume tab in DEL to provide adetailed description of how your education, training and/or experience meets each job requirement including employer, experience/responsibilities and dates (month/year) of employment/training.
- Possess current (within the last year) experience providing direct help desk support.
- Possess a minimum of six (6) months experience working in a computer technical environment.
- Possess a minimum of six (6) months professional experience troubleshooting, installing, upgrading and repairing personal computers, and peripheral devices.
- Possess a minimum of six (6) months experience with basic network troubleshooting skills.
- Possess a minimum of six (6) months experience with automated help desk application tools.
Conditions of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory fingerprint based criminal background check administered by the Delaware State Police is required as a Condition of Hire.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DTI participates in the Federal E-Verify system where we will provide the federal government with each Executive Branch new hires Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our Job Seeker Resources web page.
DTI does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.