The incumbent in this position will help to promote health and well-being of the residents and vulnerable population of the DSAAPD Community and LTC section. The education being provided by the Trainer/Educator will help to increase the effectiveness of staff to provide the necessary care and support in areas such as Alzheimer's/dementia care education, CPR, new hire orientation, and in-service training.
Selective Requirements must be met in addition to the job requirements. Applicants who do not possess the selective requirement will not be qualified.
- Possession of a Delaware Registered Nurse license OR multi-state compact license.
Applicants who do not possess the preferred qualification will still be eligible to compete for this position if job requirements are met.
- Possession of a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Develop and implement training, development, informational, and/or educational programs, courses, curricula, training resources, lesson plans, materials, and visual aids.
- Evaluate effectiveness of programs, courses, curricula, training resources, lesson plans, materials, and visual aids and modify to meet identified problems/needs, state/federal requirements, and agency goals/objectives.
- Present training, development, informational, and/or educational programs via classroom, workshop, or seminar using formal classroom instruction, exercises, handouts, materials, visual aids, etc. for group or one-on-one instruction.
- Research, evaluate, and select materials, handouts, visual aids, exercises, etc. that will best promote learning.
- Identify and analyze needs through interviews, surveys, and meetings with supervisors, management, administrators, officials, clients, the public, etc.
- Provide recommendations regarding problems/needs, effectiveness of training resources, and implementation of new or modified programs, courses, curricula, training resources, lesson plans, materials, and visual aids.
- Collect, analyze and evaluate data from a variety of sources and effectively present/communicate information.
- Coordinate training/educational activities with agency personnel, contractors, community/professional organizations, and other providers.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with state and federal laws, rules, regulations, requirements, and/or contract agreements.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Trainer/Educator III
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- At least two years experience presenting training or education courses using a variety of training methods such as lecture, e-training, structured exercises, role play or group discussion as well as the use of training materials such as overheads, PowerPoint, handouts or videos.
- Three years experience in preparing and developing training or education courses which includes designing learning objectives, curricula and materials.
- Three years experience in developing and analyzing training needs assessments at the individual, job or organizational level.
- Six months experience in presenting training or education courses in the assigned theoretical or technological discipline.
Conditions of Hire
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
Pre-employment Drug Testing: Upon a conditional offer, you must undergo pre-employment drug testing as part of the hiring process.
Upon a conditional offer, the applicant must undergo a pre-employment base line two step tuberculin skin test (TST) as part of the hiring process.
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at www.delawarestatejobs.com.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.